xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need Help Asap!  (Read 1051 times)

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

hey people.. ok first off, i got an xbox version either 1.2 or 1.3... i followed the new tutorial that hackdabox did and i cut all the wires off but one, and when i plug in the D0 wire into the hole, my xbox reboots 3 times and then the circle thingy flashes red and green. and all of the LEDs light up. Did I do something wrong? did i screw up my chip? please help!! if u can then please e-mail me the reply back to [email protected]. Thank you soooo much!

P.S.. where does the other wires go? the small one that has 2 wires the red and black one. (if you dont kno what i'm talkin about, then on your tutorial http://www.hackdabox.com/SpiderGX%20V1.0-V1.5.html its the number 4) thanx so much for you help and for your time!

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

when i say all LEDs light up i mean 7.. i dont kno if there are anymore. so i dont kno if i connected it in to the right hole and if the other wire (the one with 2 wires the red and black) has to do with my chip not working.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

I have looked at your pictures ...

Don't worry about the lights as they are for the V1.6 installs. They tell you if any of the spiders legs are not making a good connection as it requires 5 legs but on your xbox you only need one leg making contact.

Your xbox is fraging which means the D0 ( green wire in the install pics ) is making a good connection  biggrin.gif

Forget about the other 2 wires Red and Black as they are not needed at all !

So whats the problem ? you say .. well your chip is not making a good contact with the lpc bus ! Try pushing down on the chip and turning the xbox on and see if it boots !

Make sure all the dip switches are in the ON position ( all UP ) like this ...

IPB Image

HackDaBox !

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »

hey, thanx for the reply... well i did pressed on the chip and kept holdin it there and tried turnin my xbox on with the force on the chip, but still no luck... any ideas/hints/sugestions?

what about the regulator thing? how should it be positioned?? (the spinning thing beside the dip switches)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

The regulator thing is just a control panel that should not be on the motherboard at all ! It has a ON/OFF switch and you can choose bios banks with it also. It should be kept out of the xbox !

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

Did you cut the pogo pins ? if yes what did you do ? have you got a photo of the pogo pins ?

HackDaBox !

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »

i cut all of the pogopins off except the green one

pogo pins are the pins that u had 2 cut off at the begining, right?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)  Oh now i get what you are saying !

POGO PINS are the pins that touch the lpc holes when you screw the chip down tight to the motherboard ( and if you cut these off it can't make contact and therefore it can't work ! )

OK YES you are suppose to cut the Spiders Legs off ( not called pogo pins ) so yeah you did do it right !

Does your xbox frag ?

If it doesn't then your D0 is not working ! - carefully stick a pin in the d0 hole and run a wire from the pin to any screw on the motherboard ( this will force the xbox to try and boot from the modchip ) hold the wire in place ot try to tape it and use your fingers ! It should either FRAG ( Flash Red And Green ) or the spider should jump to life !

Heres the hole you need to put the pin into !

(IMG:http://www.hackdabox.com/Spider%20GX%20D0.jpg)

If it does FRAG then D0 is working !

Now you just need the bugger making a good contact with the LPC port.

Try some experiments ...

make some small balls of tin foil and put them on the lpc holes then squash the chip down on them !

HackDaBox !

This post has been edited by HackDaBox: Dec 13 2005, 04:43 AM

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 05:30:00 AM »

my dad tried helpin me with the chip, and i told him about the tin foil balls.. but he thought it might screw up somethin on the xbox motherboard, or the even the chip itself. but i will give it a shot

umm.. this is a stupid question.. but is aluminum foil same thing as tin foil? (heyyy.. i'm an imigrant, so i dont kno the difference yet! lol)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bmx_rider @ Dec 13 2005, 11:30 PM) View Post

my dad tried helpin me with the chip, Hi Dad! and i told him about the tin foil balls.. but he thought it might screw up somethin on the xbox motherboard It is safe as long as the balls are small, they should be slightly larger than the LPC holes. Once the chip is screwed down on them they won't go anywhere and just help with the connection. , or the even the chip itself. but i will give it a shotGo for it !

umm.. this is a stupid question.. but is aluminium foil same thing as tin foil? Yes(heyyy.. i'm an imigrant, so i dont kno the difference yet! lol) No problem !

HackDaBox !

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
I Need Help Asap!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »

hey again.. well i didn put no tinfoil balls in the lpc holes, but i did give the chip 2 my friend so he could install it for me.. and 2day eh told me that the hole on the sider gx chip isnt lined up properly with the hole thats on the motherboard! so maybe thats y so many ppl r gettin bad connections with the lpc?? he said he will try to solder it and c if that works.. if that wont work then i'm thinkin of buyin xenium ice, cuz most of the ppl say its a good chip. but again, i will talk 2 the guy thats gonna solder the chip for me. i will reply back on if it was succesfull or not.. take care for now

This post has been edited by Bmx_rider: Dec 15 2005, 12:09 AM