xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider Gx & V1.6a / V1.6b Problems !  (Read 983 times)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx & V1.6a / V1.6b Problems !
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

Hello Spider GX lovers,

I have been busy sorting out alot of BIOS related stuff with the Spider GX chip and there are 2 different very popular problems with the Spider GX on a Xbox V1.6a or V1.6b  ohmy.gif

I had hoped that flashing the Evox M8 V1.6 ( Not the Plus Version ) would of helped overcome the black screen issues but it didn't  sad.gif  

The issues are ...

1 - Evox M8 Plus 16 boots and plays games but wont launch apps ( possibly the pogo pin is not making a good contact with pin 1 on the lpc )

2 - Evox M8 Plus 16 boots to a black screen and won't start the dashboard at all ( possibly the Spider GX has bad cpld code and needs an update )

If you have the first problem then try adding a tiny ball of aluminium foil to the lpc hole labelled as 1 and then put the Spider GX on top and screw it down !

If you have the second problem then it looks like you will have to wait for an update from the spider team ! as i cannot find any working solution !  uhh.gif

Finally if anyone has a fully working Spider GX on a V1.6 then please let me know all the details of the bios and bank and install method etc !

HackDaBox !  cool.gif

ppss22

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

thats the problem ive been getting.  it wont launchg the apps it would just freeze...is this what your experiencing.  Ive been trying to figure this out for days

Vextor99

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

has anyone tried the Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4.rar bios? you can download it off of xbins under the evox m8 unofficial folder i think.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 06:02:00 AM »

Yeah It's nuthing special , You see the Evolution X team released Evox M8 and Evox M8 V1.6 but they only supported the V1.6a ( as the VB1.6b didn't exist ) so Yoshihiro added the needed code to support the hynix ram chips that are on the V1.6b making the bios support the V1.6b !

Then Evolution X released Evox M8 Plus and Evox M8 Plus V1.6 which are almost exactly the same as th Yoshihiro bios but they are an official release that support the V1.6b as well as all other older models !

HackDaBox !

gremlins

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »

I kind of got the spider gx/solderless to work on a 1.6. First of all i soldered it. Second the evoxm816 wont work for me. I had to use x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin.  Now this runs except i have a strange problem. I can only launch 1 xbe. for example any game or app will load. however, a craxtion multigame disc will load to the menu but not launch anything. also i can not launch any .xbe from the hdd. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. and good luck

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »

There is no working solution for this problem yet. I will do some more testing on this matter as soon as i get some time.

Everyone with this problem should try changing options in MS dashboard and their hacked dashboards to see if the problem can be fixed.

Also use a multimeter to test each pogo pin is making contact with the motherboard !

HackDaBox !

homerjs

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

mine wont boot games, launch everything but games..... using 2.6ce with 5035 bios