xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider Usb Programmer  (Read 1076 times)

ColemanBud

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« on: October 27, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

How do i use spider usb programmer and USB prog? i opened the bios i want to use and clicked on write. It's been writing for a while now and still hasn't moved the progress bar.

EverestX

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »

IT doesn't work..  The programmer that is.. It is jsut as well made as your spider chip. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news man.

arrarro

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »

I asked divineo to test the programmer before shipping with aladdin XT and Xenochip modchips. They said it worked with usb prog (spiderchip programmer v1.1). I have the same problem of ColemanBUD, that 's the writing starts but hangs after a few steps. I discovered that reducing the prog windows to icon and maximixing it again makes the progress bar to raise a little but I doubt the programmers really works this way. Curiously it reads without problem but who knows what!

I hope someone could explain how to fix this...

anyway I will call Divineo on monday for more technical explainations...

ColemanBud

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(arrarro @ Oct 28 2005, 06:13 PM)
I asked divineo to test the programmer before shipping with aladdin XT and Xenochip modchips. They said it worked with usb prog (spiderchip programmer v1.1). I have the same problem of ColemanBUD, that 's the writing starts but hangs after a few steps. I discovered that reducing the prog windows to icon and maximixing it again makes the progress bar to raise a little but I doubt the programmers really works this way. Curiously it reads without problem but who knows what!

I hope someone could explain how to fix this...

anyway I will call Divineo on monday for more technical explainations...

I let it run for over 8 hours till it finially finished. And guess what? still the same god damn bios i had before writing the new one.

Chancer

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 02:08:00 AM »

Are you using the latest software from the Spider site. They claim it even programs slices of bread.
If you are why not PM morlok8k he claims to have a working programmer.
He must have won the trip to paris for 2  competition for the first person to get a Spider programmer working

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 07:48:00 AM »

HackDaBox's Hotswap to flash guide ! is so much cheaper ( free ) and easier and actullay works !

HackDaBox !

red8316

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

Yeah, the programmer is junk. If you want to see my own personal results, check out my forum posting here :

http://forum.divineo.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopi...392deef473beb6f

This goes over my troubles with the spider chip and 2 failed attempts at programming my chips with the usb programmer, hope this helps.

ColemanBud

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 11:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(red8316 @ Nov 3 2005, 01:22 AM)
Yeah, the programmer is junk. If you want to see my own personal results, check out my forum posting here :

http://forum.divineo.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopi...392deef473beb6f

This goes over my troubles with the spider chip and 2 failed attempts at programming my chips with the usb programmer, hope this helps.

My chip works fine. I get the solid orange light and my burnt games work like a charm. As for the programmer  thats a piece of shit. With the bios i have im unable to install evox and get those extra apps. Can't get a new dashboard on there either so im unable to ftp into my box. Not that it really matters since ill just  be burning the games instead of running them off the hd.

Chancer

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 05:01:00 AM »

With the bios i have im unable to install evox and get those extra apps. Can't get a new dashboard on there either

If it runs back ups then it runs unsigned code so it is possible to run apps and a dash

By the way morlok8k where have you gone. These guys need to know how you got your programmer to work so well.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Nov 3 2005, 01:02 PM

ColemanBud

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 3 2005, 08:05 AM)
If it runs back ups then it runs unsigned code so it is possible to run apps and a dash

By the way morlok8k where have you gone. These guys need to know how you got your programmer to work so well.

I've tried to load a new dashboard as well as a couple apps and it wouldnt read the cd.

Chancer

• Archived User
Spider Usb Programmer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

Have another go. Try something like slayers auto installer. it has to be how you made the CD or the media.