xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vice64x V7  (Read 1886 times)

madmab

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

For those interested I put together all the screenshots for Gamebase 64 v01 and v03 up on the xbox repository.

When I get a chance I'll try and create a v02 set (following the directions for v04) and a v04 set when it is available.

Oh and be sure to check out my no-intro edition sets I just uploaded.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Retroplay

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

I replaced 'Enforcer - Fullmetal Megablaster' and 'Hot Wheels' with other version from the TOSEC set and they work just fine. smile.gif

Asphodel

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »

Problems..

I don`t want to be the party crasher here (obviously I am), but besides the great updates, I found two annoying bugs in VICEXv7:

When adjusting the screen a few times; vice freezes, and won`t even load anymore. Only after using v4, it would load again, but with the same screen problems.

A very sublte, but annoying bug I found is the fact that the ingame music will hick-up from time to time (try for example target-renegade, every 30sec or so the music will stop for a micro-sec). This didn`t happen with v4.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work (and updates.. biggrin.gif )

kimota2004

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

Yeah, a loveley update but I also suffer from the same bugs, the in-game music stutters every so often regardless of what setting u use, also when I change the screen size with the new resizing screen functions I get a very small white line left at the bottom of the screen when I go back to the game which is annoying, also it appears to crash far more often than the older versions.

Asphodel

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »

Also, besides the ingame music and screen problems, I found that tangling with the settings a few times will also 'freeze` the virtual-keyboard.
Lucky for the time being that gamebase 3 can also be used with v4 (with the new Dats), but now i`ll mis the new colours (wich are indeed the correct ones).
Does anyone now if v5 and v6 suffer the same music problems?

madmab

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »

I was thinking about the autoload save state in the context of "restoring" the machine to an already loaded state.  Real handy for some emu's (mostly computer) where sometimes you have to jump thru ten million demo's, loaders, etc.  Anyways in that context it seems to me that it would make sense to enhance the "autoload last save" from yes/no to yes/no/0-9.  Where in this case the user could specifically specify what is their reserve "all loaded an ready to go" state.

It would also be great for preserving such things as high scores and stuff for games that keep track of that type of thing, but is lost on shutdown.

So what do ya think x-port?

Retroplay

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

As someone else posted in one of the WinUAEX threads some time ago;
To get a non stretched screen set your resolution to 720x576 and resize screen to 768x564 to get a clean non stretched image.
Image is absolutely pixel perfect this way.
This should work with 720x480 too but haven't tried it since I'm using PAL display.

Retroid

• Archived User
Vice64x V7
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

Are there any plans to allow all the games & screenshots to be in large ZIP collections, eg. games-a.zip, screenshots-a.zip?

47 megs of screenshots occupy around 550 megs of hard drive space due to the Xbox's file system in their current state  huh.gif

Either that or support to load Gamebase files over SAMBA - I managed to get that working for single games but not the GB64 collections themselves sad.gif
Pages: 1 [2]