xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360  (Read 3875 times)

networkBoy

• Archived User
Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

@angerwound:
Any indication that TDBX.DB is signed in any way?
While launching homebrew in the emulator* would be prevented if the emulator does not think it is approvved, why not approve it ourselves?  Granted this is making some assumptions: 1) the db is not signed, 2) we understand what the db structure is.

*thoughts on the Hypervisor and unsigned code:
The hypervisor can not be expected to know every single game title released evidence that the hypervisor may not care about Xbox1 titles exists in the fact that a seperate list is needed to authorize the emulator to run a game.  Likely the hypervisor only checks the emulator engine and not the code it is running.  If this is true then we can at least run in a sandbox on the 360, and excellent step in the right direction.  
I feel that this is a real possibility simply based on ms's track record of chaining security systems together and having these systems trust each other.  In this case the hypervisor trusts the emulator enough that it allows it to run based on it's own list.  I fully expect that the hypervisor would do a good job at containing any exceptions to come out of the emulator, however, so we are likely to be locked in our sandbox.
-nB

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(s0ftm0d @ Jan 10 2006, 02:19 PM) View Post

Has anyone even tried to put the Splinter save over for the exploit try, or is everyone just waiting on someone else to do it?  That way we can put an end of this convo.

QUOTE(modthebox.tk @ Jan 10 2006, 08:26 PM) View Post

I sure that there are a lot of people trying to accomplishe this, but in theory it will not work because the Xbox 360 is protected against such threats

QUOTE(s0ftm0d @ Jan 11 2006, 01:36 AM) View Post

It really doesn't take 2 days to transfer the save game files over and try the softmod.  I am willing to bet my car that it doesn't work, all the facts point to that, but you will have the people who will fight it no matter what.  So just try the damn thing.

i really hope someone does this soon, not that i think it will work, but hopefully it will shut everyone up about it

Enixile

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

networkBoy: I do not know anything about the db that you referred to, but I do hope it is all that you theorize it to be.

Now, what if we are unable to approve xbes in the emulator... well, could we make the xbes appear approved? If it is known how the emulator verifies an xbe as one that is approved, maybe we could modify our xbes to fit the criteria for a different game or xbe that has been approved (maybe someone could make an application to do so?). Is it possible that the emulator only checks certain parts of the xbe header? As networkBoy said, the emulator can't verify every xbe by all of its code or it would have to take up a lot more space, I would assume. If this worked, maybe we could find a game that provides the most stable environment for xbox applications in general and work from there.

I apologize for not having much background knowledge on emulators and such. Also, sorry if I misunderstood anything or missed someones post regarding something I asked.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]