xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360  (Read 3986 times)

GeToChKn

• Archived User
Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

For the SC issue:  I've had that happen the odd time with someones softmod.  I just end up having to delete their profile.  If they're getting a softmod, they won't be going on live anymore anyways so it's not a biggie.  

For trying to run it:  Before everyone just figures they are going to run this gamesave and be in, I think everyone needs to read up and learn how these exploits worked.  I'm no expert on it but from what I've READ and not guessed, basically the game save lets them trigger a buffer overflow which lets them overwrite the key in memory with something easily divisible by 3.  This then lets us resign the xbe we are trying to run with a key that can be calculated easily.  This probally won't work since they have probally changed their public key and as eveyone says, the hypervisor will catch any buffer overflow.  If you don't believe the hypervisor will do that, READ the pages and pages of info on it.  That's the whole purpose of the thing.  In some cases this XBE was Evox.  Sometimes it was PBL or NTPacker.  PBL and NTPacker are going to be useless because they load a patched bios or patch the current bios, both which are XBox bioses and not 360 bioses.  Trying to patch the current bios which we know nothing about, will do nothing but get the hypervisor mad again.  As for running the game save that just loads the resigned evox, even if it did run or something, we'd only be able to see the XBox1 partition at the most.  It's not coded to see the 360 partitions since it's a different file type.

We're only talking about an emulator here and not the actual system.  Try using one of those VMWare products for a while and you'll appreciate whats going on.  It will let you boot up a whole different instance of your computer and operating system in a window, you see the bios booting up again and everything.  The nifty thing about it is that you tell it what resources it can see and can't see, and if that instance of the operating system crashes, it only crashes that window and that instance, not your whole machine.

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

everyone keeps talking about how dont expect the splinter exploit to access anything other than the xbox1 emulator partition and none of the 360 stuff. i say so what if we are doing this to get homebrew running on the 360 then so what if its the homebrew we already know and love from our original xboxes. that would be all i would want to happen with the the gamesave hack anyhow.

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

Let me give you a few of the million reasons why this WONT work.

1: Exploit is based on a Buffer Overflow in the gamesave file. Hypervisor won't allow this, it handles all exceptions.

2: Just by chance you get based 1, the exploit is built to make the public key factorable, then launch an xbe signed with this key. This xbe is hardcoded to launch from a xbox1 based partition (/e/) which is not going to be on this system.

3: And if lightnign strikes u twice and manage to still launch the exploit xbe. There is no emulation built into the TDBX.db file on the backward compatibility drive for the homebrew dash titleid. It won't know how to handle loading that xbe and tell you (this game isn't supported yet).

Sorry to shit on your hopes. But your all hoping for something way to obvious. Actually do some work.

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Jan 8 2006, 04:20 PM) View Post

Let me give you a few of the million reasons why this WONT work.

1: Exploit is based on a Buffer Overflow in the gamesave file. Hypervisor won't allow this, it handles all exceptions.

2: Just by chance you get based 1, the exploit is built to make the public key factorable, then launch an xbe signed with this key. This xbe is hardcoded to launch from a xbox1 based partition (/e/) which is not going to be on this system.

3: And if lightnign strikes u twice and manage to still launch the exploit xbe. There is no emulation built into the TDBX.db file on the backward compatibility drive for the homebrew dash titleid. It won't know how to handle loading that xbe and tell you (this game isn't supported yet).

Sorry to shit on your hopes. But your all hoping for something way to obvious. Actually do some work.

I completely agree, there would have to be compatibility for homebrew apps on the Xbox1 emulator. I dont think M$ would add that kind of emulation...

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zanzang @ Jan 8 2006, 06:52 PM) View Post

I have a question...
Does anyone know where the ProfileID comes from?  Is it in relation to the system serial, the gamertag it's under, the game it's under, etc.?

If we found out what it is made from, could we use this to take (X) the input and (Z) the final output to find (Y) the public key?

'ProfileID' is what I dubbed the serial it assigns your profile. The origins of where this number comes from, I'm not aware of currently.

As for your idea.. no

LoganDzwon

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »

In four pages no one mentioned this... Forget about hypervision for a moment.  If we could use an xbox1 style overflow to run home brew apps we'd only have access to the emulated system.  But, we could use this access to stage a second attack to gain access to the whole system.

gamemaster14

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »

I read some of this topic and just wanted to know one little thing. How exactly do I take an xbox 1 save and put it on the 360 so I can play a game with it? Does anyone have instructions and requirements?

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(gamemaster14 @ Jan 10 2006, 01:49 AM) View Post

I read some of this topic and just wanted to know one little thing. How exactly do I take an xbox 1 save and put it on the 360 so I can play a game with it? Does anyone have instructions and requirements?

See here.

In summary, you
  1. Play and save an original XBOX1 game.
  2. FTP off the folders that contain the GameSavs - the E:\UDATA & E:\TDATA folders from the XBOX1 HDD.
  3. Use a version of Linux with big-endian FATX support.
  4. Plug the X360 HDD into a PC SATA card.
  5. Use Linux 'dd' command to rip the entire X360 physical disk to a datafile.
  6. Use Linux to mount a partition in the datafile as a drive.
  7. Copy over the E:\UDATA & E:\TDATA.
  8. Unmount the X360 HDD datafile.
  9. Use the Linux 'dd' command to write the entire X360 HDD datafile back to the physical disk.
  10. Restore X360 HDD to X360 console and boot your XBOX1 original game.  Your saves should be available.
Hope that helps.

s0ftm0d

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

Has anyone even tried to put the Splinter save over for the exploit try, or is everyone just waiting on someone else to do it?  That way we can put an end of this convo.

s0ftm0d

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

It really doesn't take 2 days to transfer the save game files over and try the softmod.  I am willing to bet my car that it doesn't work, all the facts point to that, but you will have the people who will fight it no matter what.  So just try the damn thing.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2006, 02:42:00 AM »

I've not used my X360 enough to discover this for myself  sleep.gif , but regarding backwards compatibility, how do you 'manage' XBOX1 GameSavs on the X360  (view, remove them, etc.), as you would have done with the old XBOX1 Dashboard? uhh.gif

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rymez @ Jan 11 2006, 01:30 PM) View Post

Pedro: You can view saves from Memory -> Then choose a profile then Games and it should be in there.
Just going from memory as I am at work. However when you select the save all you can do is delete. You cannot move or copy the save.
Hope that helps.

Thx for that.  So, if I'm reading you right, the legacy XBOX1 GameSavs are listed right along side any X360 GameSavs.

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

Partition 0 - Cache Partition
Contents:
*XBOX0 = Classic XBOX X: Partition
*XBOX1 = Classic XBOX Y: Partition
*XBOX2 = Classic XBOX Z: Partition
IPB Image

Partition 2 - Backward Compatibility Partition
Contents:
*XBOX1 Fonts
*TDBX.DB (Database of Supported XBOX1 Titles)
IPB Image

Partition 3 - Main System Partition
Contents:
*Music, Videos, DLC, Gamerpics, Themes, Gamesaves (360 and Legacy)...
IPB Image

IPB Image

Xplorer360 used to view the contents. Currently only a private beta build. Look for it's release soon.

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

here is something for you hackers to try. now that you have put xbox1 save games on the 360 hdd and had them work. why not try to move your custom soundtrack music folder and ST.DB files from your xbox1 to your xbox360. i know that the 360 will not be able to do anything with the files but look all the games that support custom soundtracks on xbox1 that are backwards compatable with the 360.these xbox1 games still have the features of using custom soundtracks and all read from the music/st.db file but custom soundtracks dont work on the 360 with xbox1 games because the 360 didnt come with xbox1 custom soundtracks and until now there was no way to add them yourself.

im pretty sure that if they were manually added to the xbox360 hdd in the right partition and play for xbox1 that then original xbox game that supported the custom soundtracks would see it.

i know of 2 games that support custom soundtracks and that are compatable (GTA3 and GTA vice city) could anyone try this please.

Emerica

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(s00pcan @ Jan 8 2006, 07:18 PM) View Post

This is the General Technical Hacking Discussion, not the "i here u can h4x h410 ez!' n00b board. Hacking gamesaves to cheat is already possible and has already been done on the xbox 1. If you remember, there was a reload hack for halo 2 gamesaves. You don't need to worry about the general public being able to hack gamesaves, because the general public is stupid and do not have modded xboxes. This way of getting them on the 360 is even more complicated, not that it makes much of a difference, and the native xbox 360 gamesaves are signed to each console and profile, according to earlier in this thread. Also, you're, not your.

Picky picky, It was a kind request. And the average noob does have easy access to cheats and hacks via gamesaves. We have allready seen the results of this with Halo2 as policies were even put in place here to try and crack down on discussion of the topic. While I support the modding community, an easy step by step guide on howto do this just giving the noobs a headstart. Its nice to know the 360 saves are signed, but it still opens the possibilities of 1rst gen  cheat saves being loaded.

btw idunt cqar aboot my gammer and spooling.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5