xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360  (Read 3946 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Jan 8 2006, 01:05 AM) View Post

Each savefile will contain the 'ProfileID' at offset 0x371 in the file. Thus, giving it some unique data and is then signed with the 2048 bit key. That way, this gamesave can be used ONLY with the profile data of the same ProfileID. Profile Data File's are signed as well, leave out any room for adjustments.

I'm particularly interested in THIS.  This means that CoD2 and other games can sign files.  Does this then mean that the numbers in the 2048 bit key are on the CoD2 disc?  Would there be any way to FIND them (I'm sure they would have MAJOR encryption somehow, right?)?  I find this VERY interesting.  Is there any way that we could harness this to sign content like a 360 version of XBMC?  There may not be a media check associated with this because the saves are not meant to be on burnable media.
This is kind of me talking out of my ass, with a shot-in the dark guess at something.

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Jan 8 2006, 07:05 AM) View Post

XBOX 360 Save Format Update: Copyin some info from my thread here. http://forums.xbox-s...t=462595&st=90#

<SNIP>

Based on my findings. The content appears not to be signed unique to each console. Moving from one console to another shouldn't be a problem as long as you place it in the correct directories.

My post isn't meant to be offensive simply constructive.

What good does that info do? Would we be able to smuggle xbox 1 saves into a xbox 360 save and be able to move it from console-2-console? Whats the story of cracking the emulator? See my above post where I tell you that there seems to be the legacy xbox dashboard running wink.gif fun fun fun!

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

The legacy dash doesn't run. It's emulating that Titles 'Update.xbe' in order to get it's updates. Which will run the fonts from the backward compatibility partition. However, these .xbe's will have the font hole fixed. So no help.

I posted my information because this thread is about how the 360 uses it's gamesaves. People enjoy sharing and trasnferring their xbox 1 gamesaves, they might like to know how this would work with 360 gamesaves. Thus, my post shows that it's not possible. Merely informatave.

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Jan 8 2006, 07:21 AM) View Post

The legacy dash doesn't run. It's emulating that Titles 'Update.xbe' in order to get it's updates. Which will run the fonts from the backward compatibility partition. However, these .xbe's will have the font hole fixed. So no help.

I posted my information because this thread is about how the 360 uses it's gamesaves. People enjoy sharing and trasnferring their xbox 1 gamesaves, they might like to know how this would work with 360 gamesaves. Thus, my post shows that it's not possible. Merely informatave.

You sure about that part?

That doesn't prevent us from being able to run an exploit thru Splinter Cell though does it? And if would we be able to gain FTP access to .....er... what? the xbox ? the backward-compat partition or what????

Mhawk134

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

can I get into my 360 without having to open it?  Cause I have the Splinter Cell and the game saves that I use to softmod my xbox. I'll try it out for sho.

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(JimmyGoon @ Jan 7 2006, 11:23 PM) View Post

You sure about that part?

That doesn't prevent us from being able to run an exploit thru Splinter Cell though does it? And if would we be able to gain FTP access to .....er... what? the xbox ? the backward-compat partition or what????

Of course the font hole will be fixed. If not, the entire exploit is based on a buffer overflow. It won't work simply because of the existance of the hypervisor.

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Jan 8 2006, 07:31 AM) View Post

Of course the font hole will be fixed. If not, the entire exploit is based on a buffer overflow. It won't work simply because of the existance of the hypervisor.

okay okay... I thought you meant that MS actually patched the files / implementation to prevent that from happening (or I guess that IS what they hypervisor is for... hmmm) lol

okay. but STILL... could we run EvoX thru Splinter Cell or is the hypervisor restricting us again? I don't know enough about the mechanics of the Game Exploits to know...

what exactly does the hypervisor prevent from happening... How does it know that whatever its blocks... isn't SUPPOSED to happen? (sorry if thats insanly confusing)

kezor

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

hypervision blocks all unsigned code, making it very hard to run homebrew, hypervision is at the cpu level so they would have to work all the way down to that level

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(kezor @ Jan 8 2006, 07:38 AM) View Post

hypervision blocks all unsigned code, making it very hard to run homebrew, hypervision is at the cpu level so they would have to work all the way down to that level

I hate to block dev by asking stupid questions but how does the hypervisor know? Esp when its running inside of an emulator... its not the emulator is reporting all of its actions to the hypervisor is it??

/me confused... I'll step out of the way now since I don't understand this hypervisor hoopla

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »

at this point i could give a hoot less on hacking the damn thing I would just like to bring my halo2 save acroos cause i dont want have to rebeat the game. Along with others that are backward compat. I might have to lookinto this just for that reaosn alone.

M-K-E!

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »

why does everyone thing the splinter cell gamesave exploits will work?  there's a few simple reasons as to why it wont: the main ones: (none having anything to do with the hypervisor)

MA and 007:AUF arent supported in the backwards compatibily...so those 2 are gone...

and have you ever tried to run the SC exploit with the live updates installed?  it takes you to the dash and says contact MS... why wouldnt ms include that part in the emu file you get from live...

so, about the only option in that direction we have is to find a new game that's compatible with live that has some kinda hole in it that ms hasnt seen...

and i too would like to know some stuff about they hypervisor...

is it "hard-coded" to check and not allow for unsigned code to run, or does it do it's job using instructions from the bios...

i have some other idea's, but im poor and have no 360 to help....i actually was about to do this on the 22nd of december at school when a kid brought in his 360, but he wouldnd let me lol.

mrjiggles139

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

At this point i think its obvious that the exploit wont work like it does on the xbox but that doesnt stop us from bein curious about what WILL happen when the save is loaded in the 360 smile.gif  maybe M$ expected this to happen and coded some kind of special error screen for it :

"We fixed it. Nice try"

blink.gif

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrjiggles139 @ Jan 8 2006, 08:44 AM) View Post

At this point i think its obvious that the exploit wont work like it does on the xbox but that doesnt stop us from bein curious about what WILL happen when the save is loaded in the 360 smile.gif  maybe M$ expected this to happen and coded some kind of special error screen for it :

"We fixed it. Nice try"
 blink.gif

Will someone please try those Splinter Cell save-games out using this method and put us all out of our misery!

I would have done it yesterday if the 360 was released here instead of in 52 days time, dammit!

Cheers,
Bourkie

Lamer123

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 01:36:00 AM »

cannot run unsighned code . Just most likely raw dumps of games . It is more complex than that with the hardware checks and all but that is the jist of it .

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lamer123 @ Jan 8 2006, 09:43 AM) View Post

In my opinion , if they can fix a game hack with a new release of a game then they can fix it with an emulated OS . So nuts to that .

That is not logical as:

1. they only released a new MechAssault - the other two games were never patched.
2. they did release new versions of the XBox1 OS and the XBox1 OS has nothing to do with what a game does with its allocated memory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5