Xbox360 Forums > General Technical Hacking Discussion

Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360

(1/13) > >>

Xbox-Scene:
Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360-- Posted by XanTium on January 7 22:26 EST
Over at xboxhacker.net Rymez2K managed to make an (original) Xbox gamesave work on his Xbox 360.

He created a gamesave in FIFA 2004 on his (modded) Xbox(1), ftp-ed it (UDATA\4541003b and TDATA\4541003b) to his PC. To get it on the Xbox 360 HD it's a bit more complicated of course ... he used the newly released big-endian FATX support in the Linux kernel to read the Xbox 360 FATX partitions via his PC.
Using the linux 'dd' command he made an image of the second FATX partition, mounted the image (that linux understands thanks to the new big-endian FATX support), copied the UDATA and TDATA dirs with the FIFA2004 gamesave to the mounted image, unmounted the image and 'dd'-ed it back to the Xbox 360 HD. More details about how he did it is available on xboxhacker.net or xboxhacker.net forums[Please remember if you choose to participate that this thread is for technical discussion only, thanks!]
After that he managed to load the FIFA2004 gamesave from his Xbox 360.

HushangIVVI:
hahaha thats awsome, hopefully there will b some way to mod 360 with a softmod gamesave cheers  

xboxexpert:
Using backwards compat.  I'd like to see someone load up the 007 Exploit on a 360 just to see what happens.

psxpirate1:
I'd like to know what happens exactly when the buffer overflow gamesaves are used, such as 007 Agent Under Fire.

tgm4883:
I think everyone wants to see what would happen.  I doubt it would work, but at least it would give us an answer to this question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version