xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Confidential "boot Disc"?  (Read 2773 times)

ruli00

• Archived User
Confidential "boot Disc"?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(some stupid a$$ on teamxbox (talon71))
Sell it back to MS and keep it away from the cheat'n hackers

That guy just pissed me off with that comment.

And we dont want to give the guy with the disc any wrong ideas. Please dont send it back.

-ruli00

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

looks to be the 360 version of the xbox's restore and refresh disc, nothing special IMO

TVR_Fan

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »

I wonder how MS will get the DVD or CD back now lol.

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 06:00:00 AM »

yes ths is great il coment later when i get home from school

MGSolidus2

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE("Someone at TXB")
Also, if you think MS actually sent this kid a "trade secret" about 360 your even more ignorant. What they sent him is nothing more than A: a promo disc with some marketing stuff on it or B: a recorvery disc that reformats the HDD and reinstalls all of the original content on it.

Neather one of those are "trade secrets" nore are they importan to hackers, gamers or anyone else.

I hope that's a joke, because something that reinstalls all of the original content on the HDD would be AMAZING to have.

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(MGSolidus2 @ Dec 8 2005, 01:59 PM) View Post

I hope that's a joke, because something that reinstalls all of the original content on the HDD would be AMAZING to have.

Yeah, and if he would have even read my post, I didn't say it WAS a trade secret. I DID say that MS could simply classify it as such. ANYTHING that has their unencrypted info on it could be held as a trade secret. So, obviously that guy is a moron that is incapable of reading the content of a post. The fact remains, if MS wanted that disc and he put it on ebay, they could have the auction shut down. I would not be able to auction away someone's credit card and MS could hold this debate with a win easily in any court. If that disc did have info they don't want in the wrong hands, it would be MS' "credit card"

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(covenent elite @ Dec 8 2005, 02:01 PM) View Post

Why doesnt some one go work for M$ in repairing the 360's or something and mod their 360 and get bored of it then selll it forgetting it was modded?

what makes you think working for MS would get you any closer to modding 360?

and why doesnt some one get the code from ms?

its not that simple, they dont just have source code posted in the employee lounge

i think i know someone that can probably get the xbox 1 signing code

trust me, they cant, i doubt anyone at all at MS actually has access to the signing key, its likely kept on a server that automatically applies the signature to xbes, the key would never be output in any usable form, plus not many peopel would even have access to this server

ij ust dont know how if it is worth risking to do that... because i dont want M$ all over me like a rapist.

i think you just answered why no one will do any of the above things, the few peopel that do have access to all the data youd want have no doubt signed a stack of nondisclosure agreements, along with a bunch of other legally binding contracts that would essentially allow MS to destroy their lives if they broke the agreements

i dont know, the 360 seems to be able to download any needed restore data from Live even if some files are corrupted, i suppose if you have no internet connection it would be a good thing to have, but thats about it

even if it does have juicy bits of code like the dashboard, a cdx-type menu system, the kernel, remember we have no way of accessing data on a 360 disc, so it doesnt do us any good

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

Would a raw dump with an extractor help if there was juicy stuff on that disc lordvader? It looks like Pi released a raw dump extractor.

MGSolidus2

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 9 2005, 12:57 AM) View Post

Would a raw dump with an extractor help if there was juicy stuff on that disc lordvader? It looks like Pi released a raw dump extractor.

I was just about to post that after I thought about that haha. We still don't know how they were able to get the raw dump though.

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »

this is like our early christmas present i can feel it

woo woo woo woo
hah ha

jfoster

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

Personally, I think this is nothing.

BUT, how cool would it be to have a modded 360 before Christmas!!?? smile.gif

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »

yeah itll save me money i wouold just go and give my cousin a box set of xbox launch copied games

darkhunter121589

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Math1 @ Dec 8 2005, 03:12 PM) View Post

Maybe another reason MS employees wouldn't help the box get hacked is not fear of MS so much as the fact that it would be wrong and a betrayal of the company, their co-workers, and the stockholders. Not everyone sees ripping off the company they work for as a noble calling, you know.

well just think of it. If some 1 at M$ helped out the modding community and were able to get the 360 modded.
360 sales would go up (even tho u cant really get any now) but u see what i mean

when M$ said that they were going to make the 360 hack proof we all knew tha was BS (hopefully) i dont kno but i have a feeling something big is comeing

djtonic

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

People are jumping the gun here.  I do not know anything about coding or reverse engineering, but I am pretty sure that this disc is not going to make much difference.
stop drooling and dreaming and just wait...Thats what i am going to do.

Dj

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »

It's so pathetic to see all these kiddies so desperate to see the 360 modded that they'll think anything that is abnormal to be the next step into hacking the 360. Anyone with some common sense can tell that the disc is probably used for testing the console before it goes back to the owner. The idiot employee who left it in the drive did it by accident, not to help the community.

I swear, I hate visiting the 360 forums because of so many kiddies who are either: 1) complaining about not having a 360; 2) don't know how to use WMC or XP MCE; 3) trolling the forums, waiting for a way to pirate games; or 4) complaining about how MS should do their bidding. Seriously, I would hate to be a moderator. There are so many crap posts that it would be a full-time job to keep this place clean and to merge/delete duplicate/useless posts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3