xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installation Problems With Blackstorm X  (Read 701 times)

NickTheKi

• Archived User
Installation Problems With Blackstorm X
« on: September 10, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

:(
I am having problems getting Blackstorm X to run on my Xbox. I have followed Kannaberra's Tutorial exactly and I have read other peoples posts, but I am still not getting the help I need. I d/l the file off of Irc. I extracted the folder and I had The 2 default files(bsXdash.xbe & BlackstormXXCp.xbe)and the Blackstorm X folder.I put the Blackstorm X folder (with the changed config.xbx file from bsXdash to evoxdash) on C:\ and I also put the two Default.xbe files son C:\.THe bsXdash.xbe file , I renamed to evoxdash.xbe because my BIOS is the EVOX ejectfix v1.0(for the version 1.o console). When I reboot the XBox,it goes to the Xbox screen logo with the MS text underneath and then attempts to boot the dash and then it reboots and keeps on rebboting.

NickTheKi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

Hey Nevermind, I fixed it! For those of you who also have this problem,
it is most likely because of your fonts on C:\. This is what you need to do:
Go into your fonts folder, there should be about 4 different fonts in there.
Xbox Book.xtf
Xbox.bak
Bert.bak
Ernie.bak
etc...(I'm not sure of the exact file extensions, but those are the files in there.)
DELETE Bert and Ernie.
Bert and Ernie are the fonts Evo X used,which you most likely orginally had on your xbox.)
Blackstorm X uses the Xbox Book.bak and Xbox.bak(again I'm not sure of the exact file extensions.) just like the orginal MS Dash does because it is a hacked M$ dash.(When you have the Bert & Ernie, Xbox Book.bak and Xbox.bak,etc; the Dash doesn't know what fonts to load, so it just continually reboots itself). biggrin.gif
So just follow the tutorial like normal, but if you come across this problem,then delete Bert and Ernie out of your Fonts Folder. biggrin.gif
Hope this Helps. biggrin.gif  

King John

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »

where can u download it? I cant seem to find it under the usual places.

Little-G

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

its on the french site.