xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem After Installation...  (Read 719 times)

111g111

• Archived User
Problem After Installation...
« on: July 21, 2004, 05:42:00 AM »

Hi. I have followed the installation tutorial for BSX to the letter and came across a rather perculiar problem....

After setting up BSX according to the tutorial, using xboxdash.xbe as the filename and, yes, I changed the name in config.xbx to xboxdash.xbe as well, and yes, I have all the correct files and folders in their correct places.  I then proceeded to reboot my xbox, assuming it would work.

All went well until it got to the X-Box logo with the MS logo written underneath in white. At this point, my xbox proceeded to reset and booted until it got to the same point, and rebooted again, all the while, my xbox's dvd drive is spinning as if it's trying to boot from a disc.

So I figured, if I just leave it do it's thing, that maybe it'd finally work. No such luck. After 30 mins, it was still doing the same thing.

The funny thing is, my xbox is not fragging, it's just continuously rebooting. No flashing red/green light after three reboots. Just continual rebooting.

I am able to revert back to my original dash, however I would REALLY like to run BSX.

Can somebody point me in the right direction as to how to get BSX working?

thanking you muchly in advance.

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

Don't edit the config.xbx to xboxdash.xbe. Just xboxdash. Try that and see if that works. O_o

111g111

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »

nope, no luck.

Could it be because my BIOS is too old? Im still running my box on Evox v2.4. The only reason I haven't upgraded it is because I have never soldered before and am afraid im gonna kill my box.

Should i give it a go anyway?

thanks in advance.

'iCeCooL'

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

So are you booting evox as your main dash ?

Or booting straight to BSX ?

CrakkedOut

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

listen.......idk why people still continuously recommend changing anything wit the xboxdash.xbe, YOU DONT NEED TO AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do yaself a favor and do this......

open the bios that ur using currently and change the boot order to this

bsXdash.xbe (or BlackstormX.xbe - depends on which on you got)
evoxdash.xbe

if u changed the bsxdash.xbe (or blackstormx.xbe) to xboxdash, rename it back to bsxdash.xbe (or blackstormx.xbe)

reflash ur bios with the new one that u made, reboot, and it shud start up blackstormx dash

NEVER EVER, EVER EVER, EVER EVER mess wit you XBOXDASH.XBE FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :grr:

tayior7

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »

CrakkedOut- do yaself a favor and read

The only reason I haven't upgraded it is because I have never soldered before and am afraid im gonna kill my box.

NickTheKi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »

biggrin.gif