xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: New: Auto-xbins 2008  (Read 5047 times)

Jake_Biggs

• Archived User
New: Auto-xbins 2008
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »

Man, this is a godsend. Now all my xbox programs are up to date!

Thanks for the release, sir!

KCO

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »

WOW, this is a great tool! THANK YOU

Dansken

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

Great app, thanks.

/Dansken

elliotreid

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »

does this app use filezilla for the downloading process?  I was going about it the manual way with mirc and filezilla just a little earlier.  I could connect to the ftp just fine and dandy but couldnt get a download started with filezilla.  each process queue, or straight download attempt, would appear to try and make a new connection with the ftp to start the file transfer, which of course is not possible.  in the filezilla settings under concurrent transfers everything is set to "1".  so after much frustration with trying different patterns to download one stupid file, I happened to do a "!list" in the channel, only 69 seconds after a previously doing the same command.  I was then banned for doing it "twice".  so now that i'm banned, will this app be of any use to me?  and if anyone knows how to solve that damn filezilla problem, I would set aside a significant portion of my calendar to hear what they have to say.

Ground Zero

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

I've looked over the #xbins ban list, and I see no banned hostmasks that will prevent this application from working for you.
Forget the manual way, just run this and it will literally do everything for you  wink.gif

NaTLeX

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »

Can anyone tell me why xbins.exe is shown as an active process in
taskmanager, but the program itself is not running. Xbins.exe does not
appear in startup programs  I am running Windowsxp pro.

guy_inthe_back

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

@Ground Zero

Mega Thanks for this. Works awesome! I had an older version of an auto xbins auto thinger that used filezilla. I used the filezilla more than the app. I tried tonight and it went bogus...

I'm so glad I caught this thread..
again, MEGA THANKS. tongue.gif

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

@Ground Zero
Looks like an excellent app, but I had problems. Sorry I can't give specifics on what it did though (it scrolls fast). Port 113 is opened, I know it found hostname...but then timed out. Tried it again, & it timed out again. Then it said something about 'banned' & hopefully I saw the word temporary there. Maybe because of too many failed attempts in a row? Hope its not permanent. Ideas?

crazyshiza

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(lawdawg0931 @ Apr 12 2008, 05:13 PM) *

@Ground Zero
Looks like an excellent app, but I had problems. Sorry I can't give specifics on what it did though (it scrolls fast). Port 113 is opened, I know it found hostname...but then timed out. Tried it again, & it timed out again. Then it said something about 'banned' & hopefully I saw the word temporary there. Maybe because of too many failed attempts in a row? Hope its not permanent. Ideas?

It is likely that you IP range is banned.   I had this problem with some servers since they had problems with people in my IP range so they just banned the whole range.

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »

I doubt it's that, I can sign on the long way...through mIRC. But you never know

kristonex

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »

Big Thanks for this!!  Great little program the old way was such a pita

EtherTme

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »

I used to use xbins via mirc, a few years ago. And always found it a real pain to navigate and use. So i was very happy indeed to find this piece of automated software. So thank you!

Everything worked fine for a while. But now i keep getting the error message when i try to download a file:
"Response:   550-  Guess what? YOU'RE BANNED. Perhaps if you followed the rules you would not be.
Response:   226  Aborted successfully."

I didn't think it would be possible to break any rules using Auto-xbins.
I had downloaded quite a few files earlier. So is it due to there being a daily download limit?

Ground Zero

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(EtherTme @ May 4 2008, 04:51 PM) *

I used to use xbins via mirc, a few years ago. And always found it a real pain to navigate and use. So i was very happy indeed to find this piece of automated software. So thank you!

Everything worked fine for a while. But now i keep getting the error message when i try to download a file:
"Response:   550-  Guess what? YOU'RE BANNED. Perhaps if you followed the rules you would not be.
Response:   226  Aborted successfully."

I didn't think it would be possible to break any rules using Auto-xbins.
I had downloaded quite a few files earlier. So is it due to there being a daily download limit?

Yes -> http://www.xbins.org/faq.php#03

Passerby

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »

I'm considering switching over to a Linux distro, and from what I can tell, Auto-xbins is a Windows executable.  Considering that the IRC method of getting into Xbins has been shut down, is there now no way for non-Windows users to access Xbins?

Ground Zero

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Passerby @ May 10 2008, 12:56 AM) *

I'm considering switching over to a Linux distro, and from what I can tell, Auto-xbins is a Windows executable.  Considering that the IRC method of getting into Xbins has been shut down, is there now no way for non-Windows users to access Xbins?

The IRC method of getting into Xbins has not been shutdown, this piece of software uses the IRC method!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6