xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: pSlax v2.1 - Linux Bootdisc to get HLG drive in modeB  (Read 2458 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
pSlax v2.1 - Linux Bootdisc to get HLG drive in modeB
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »

The issue that I have isn't that it doesn't work but the fact that it bogs down my machine so much that it becomes unuseable.  I mean in order for me to get into windows and open up Maximus Tools it takes me about 10 minutes.  Then it freezes when I get to the raw dump.  The drive is detected in Windows though so at least that is an improvement.  BTW this is with the new accursed V78 Hitachi and it is hooked up with the connectivity kit and the USB 360.  Neither of them work by nature with the V78 but with Slax to put it in mode b some people are reporting success.

This post has been edited by jesterrace777: Jan 2 2007, 02:54 AM

tiger72

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Jan 1 2007, 07:23 PM) *

The issue that I have isn't that it doesn't work but the fact that it bogs down my machine so much that it becomes unuseable.  I mean in order for me to get into windows and open up Maximus Tools it takes me about 10 minutes.  Then it freezes when I get to the raw dump.  The drive is detected in Windows though so at least that is an improvement.  BTW this is with the new accursed V78 Hitachi and it is hooked up with the connectivity kit and the USB 360.  Neither of them work by nature with the V78 but with Slax to put it in mode b some people are reporting success.

So, you got the 78 to work with the USB 360? Or not?

mattxo

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »

hi guys.

i booted this disk up and it asked for a login. then i logged in and now i dont know what to do tongue.gif

what am i supposed to do, it came up with a list of commands i can do. can someone tell me how i am supposed to make the drive in go in B mode.

MASTERXOX

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(mattxo @ Aug 10 2007, 06:48 PM) View Post

hi guys.

i booted this disk up and it asked for a login. then i logged in and now i dont know what to do tongue.gif

what am i supposed to do, it came up with a list of commands i can do. can someone tell me how i am supposed to make the drive in go in B mode.

I am having the same issue? I have 59 drive...... unsure.gif

mungus

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(MASTERXOX @ Oct 8 2007, 03:26 PM) View Post

I am having the same issue? I have 59 drive...... unsure.gif

Check for mode b if yes, reboot your pc to windows and start the flashing process.

macblows

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 03:22:00 AM »

hey i have a usb to sata thing and i have tried to get my drive into mode b with numerous slax versions including yours. none have been successful. im no computer programmer so if you could tell me what im doing wrong or give me a link to a good slax version it would be greatly appreciated!
Pages: 1 2 [3]