xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Deleting Shadowc.img How?  (Read 1184 times)

bladerunner6

• Archived User
Deleting Shadowc.img How?
« on: January 21, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »

using UXE 0.2.1 complete, just wanted to know how do i get rid of shadowc.img from the e partition? also exactly how can i go and edit the shadow file once I created it from evox, assuming i keep the file and want to turn it into the virgin retail state for the games which need fonts and other stuff untouched in C:

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(bladerunner6 @ Jan 22 2005, 12:33 AM)
using UXE 0.2.1 complete, just wanted to know how do i get rid of shadowc.img from the e partition? also exactly how can i go and edit the shadow file once I created it from evox, assuming i keep the file and want to turn it into the virgin retail state for the games which need fonts and other stuff untouched in C:

If you want to delete it just make sure it isn't in use (run pbl/gamesave exploit).
To edit it just edit the C drive to your likings since it is the shadow C which is the actual .img file.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

if the shadow c is in use then it cannot be moved without first booting a non-MS bios (via pbl-metoo) and then 'deactivating' the shadow drive. then if you wish you can move it to another location (best to keep it on C).

to edit the contents it must first be formatted to be FATX compatible. do this by using any program that can format drives, i.e unleashx, or evox. just format the C drive. make sure that your C drive is blank before formatting as this ensures that you are formatting the shadow drive and not the real C drive. if you end up formatting the real C drive don't say that its my fault as you have been warned. after this has been done you can transfer all original stock files over to the new C partition thus making games that require fonts work properly.

EDIT: krayzie beat me.

This post has been edited by total_ass: Jan 22 2005, 12:14 AM

bladerunner6

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(total_ass @ Jan 21 2005, 11:37 PM)
if the shadow c is in use then it cannot be moved without first booting a non-MS bios (via pbl-metoo) and then 'deactivating' the shadow drive. then if you wish you can move it to another location (best to keep it on C).

to edit the contents it must first be formatted to be FATX compatible. do this by using any program that can format drives, i.e unleashx, or evox. just format the C drive. make sure that your C drive is blank before formatting as this ensures that you are formatting the shadow drive and not the real C drive. if you end up formatting the real C drive don't say that its my fault as you have been warned. after this has been done you can transfer all original stock files over to the new C partition thus making games that require fonts work properly.
EDIT: krayzie beat me.

thanks to both of you for the replies,

one more question, I booted xbmc , deleted all files in G, then I copied the original retail files in, then i rebooted and my xbox was in virgin state!! G was actually the the real C drive in xbmc right?

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

yes.

which is why it is always safer to define real C as partition 8, as i say to everyone.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(bladerunner6 @ Jan 22 2005, 12:42 AM)
thanks to both of you for the replies,

one more question, I booted xbmc , deleted all files in G, then I copied the original retail files in, then i rebooted and my xbox was in virgin state!! G was actually the the real C drive in xbmc right?

You are probably using an older version of the complete package were the G drive was accidentally set as the actual C. There was a fixed released for that.

bladerunner6

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »

yes i was using older version,
it doesnt show up as G now,

getting all n00bie here sorry..
if I am using a fresh install of UXE 0.2.1 and I havent compiled my own version of nkpatcher what steps should i take to setup a working shadow C ? assuming i have the file in E:\ already, and UXE setup as per instructions from the complete package.

and how do I setup pbl to run as an app ?