xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Help No Screen  (Read 1152 times)

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« on: December 22, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

hey, i just got done installing a duox2 into a v1.6 xbox no problems.  It booted fine

i went to flash the bios thru network got the upload screen ok.  here is where i went wrong, i loaded the 256kb bios.bin instead of the 512

ok, now you say just use the other bank right?

well, when i load the first bank (cromwell (non-flashbios)) i get no screen at all.

from what i got out of the tutorials and what not, i have to download eurasia and burn it.  did that.  now i have to burn the bios cd with the 512kb file.  did that

burned them both to memorex cd-rw's which i know work in the phillips drive im using.

well, as far as i got without any video is this.  i put the cd-rw in, turn off xbox, then i turn it on with the cromwell bank loaded.  wait about 15-20 seconds, i get an amber led light in front.  from what i can make out in the few pictures ive seen, the first choice is to boot from cd, so thats what i do.  from there, im stuck i have no idea what to do now.

any help at all would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advanced...

da-goat

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

update...

i popped it into a v1.4 box i had laying around with that it fragged on both banks...

still dunno what else to do...

any help would be lovely...

da-goat

hippo

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

If the screen stopped half way through flashing you can toggle the banks on the same address lines as the MS tsop to access the lower banks doux ignores. Just use the tsop on the doux. Since the lower banks gets flashed first it's still there and intact you just can't access it.

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »

ive never had to TSOP before, and this is the first time that ive had a bad flash (out of atleast 30 customer boxes) so i may be a little slow on this.

what exactly would i need to do to get this working?

i was thinking that since i can still access the MS bios, i could install a softmod and install evox and try to flash the chip that way, but if the chip doesnt get powered on in the first place to load the bios, will it still flash it that way?

thanks for you help

da-goat

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=427711  i read the first half of that and it was sounding pretty good.  would this also work if i used a softmod and added the adress lines to the evox ini?

thanks for you help,

da-goat

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

anyone?

im goinig to atleast try it in hopes that it doesnt fry my box, ill let you know what happens

da-goat

hippo

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »

Setting the manufacture's jdec ID so evox recognizes it has nothing to do with banking a tsop or the 3 wire trick to allow access to hidden  banks. What you want to do is a 3 wire trick on the doux tsop, not the xbox tsop.

The address bus width is 32 bits. Thats 8 clock cycles of address info for 3 data cycles of real bios info. So if you ever see a 3 wire tutorial for tsop restoration it's based on manipulating the 18th, 19th and 20th bit of the 32 address bits. Bits can either have +5v and be considered 1 or be at ground and be considered a 0. The bits can change 33 million times a second and you need a CPLD to change them on the fly that fast. Some bits are more static, and you can 3 wire those.

Now the actual bits 18, 19 and 20 correspond to actual pins on the tsop meaning legs of the tsop are known as A-18, A-19 and A-20 and any pin diagram of a tsop shows the legs for those bit lines.

Doux already has a switch set up on A-19 or whatever. When you switch that leg of the tsop to 5v or 0 volts via the switch you manipulating the address mapping. If you put a switch on the next pin lower you could boot into the lower bank IF YOU FLASHED it with a VALID 256k bios and it stopped flashing 1/2 way.

** Before you do this you need to disconnect that pin from how the LPC bus  that drives it ****

What would take me 3 mins to fix you'd probably work on for 3 days and end up screwing over so maybe stick with a hotswap method with another chip since you are obviously a noob.

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 23 2005, 01:47 PM) *

Setting the manufacture's jdec ID so evox recognizes it has nothing to do with banking a tsop or the 3 wire trick to allow access to hidden  banks. What you want to do is a 3 wire trick on the doux tsop, not the xbox tsop.

The address bus width is 32 bits. Thats 8 clock cycles of address info for 3 data cycles of real bios info. So if you ever see a 3 wire tutorial for tsop restoration it's based on manipulating the 18th, 19th and 20th bit of the 32 address bits. Bits can either have +5v and be considered 1 or be at ground and be considered a 0. The bits can change 33 million times a second and you need a CPLD to change them on the fly that fast. Some bits are more static, and you can 3 wire those.

Now the actual bits 18, 19 and 20 correspond to actual pins on the tsop meaning legs of the tsop are known as A-18, A-19 and A-20 and any pin diagram of a tsop shows the legs for those bit lines.

Doux already has a switch set up on A-19 or whatever. When you switch that leg of the tsop to 5v or 0 volts via the switch you manipulating the address mapping. If you put a switch on the next pin lower you could boot into the lower bank IF YOU FLASHED it with a VALID 256k bios and it stopped flashing 1/2 way.

** Before you do this you need to disconnect that pin from how the LPC bus  that drives it ****

What would take me 3 mins to fix you'd probably work on for 3 days and end up screwing over so maybe stick with a hotswap method with another chip since you are obviously a noob.

why are you so quick to jump on people? i am deffinatly not a noob.  ive been with the scene for quite sometime (not only here but other places as well).  This is only the first time that i have had a bad flash.

at anyrate, i did flash a good and working (i know because ive used it many times before) 256k Evox M8 plus 16 bios to the chip and now it frags.  I was able to to get to the evox flashing menu but when i tired to flash it with the m8 512k bios, it says invalid size.  if i attempt to flash it with the 256k bios, it flashes but still presents the same problem as before.

thanks for your help, please dont assume that because i have a problem with one thing, that im a newb.  everybody can get hung up somewhere, just because it happens doesnt mean your retarded and dont know jack shit.

dont get me wrong, your help is appreciated, but i hate it when people think that other people have no idea what they are talking about

da-goat

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

Silly question here but is the chip genuine. problems of this nature can occur with clone chips.
I would try hotswap the chip with a working (hacked bios on) chip and flash via HackDaBox reflash disc

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 23 2005, 03:07 PM) *

Silly question here but is the chip genuine. problems of this nature can occur with clone chips.
I would try hotswap the chip with a working (hacked bios on) chip and flash via HackDaBox reflash disc

you know, i asked myself the same question.  I went ahead and desoldered the solder on the d0 and bt solder points and they were gold like hackdabox's pictures said they should be.  Also, it did boot the Flashbios 3.03 on the second bank.  (it never booted anything when set to the original dip postition).

also, is hackdabox's disc built with the xdk or can you post a link to it? let me know so i can find it myself if need be.

btw, i dont have another chip readily available to work with (for the good chip) but im woundering if a softmod would work just the same? i have the pin header installed as well as the softmod.

let me know, thanks a ton...

da-goat

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

Yes HackDaBox re-flash disc is built with XDK. Google should bring up a source for it.
You won't be able to softmod and use it to flash the chip as to flash the chip you need to boot from the LPC
Its very strange that bank 0 never worked. usually it  boots in any version.
In the end it may come down to getting another chip to do the hotswap unfortunately.

da-goat

• Archived User
Duox2 Help No Screen
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

yeah, that does make since now that i think about it.  i prolly have some spare aladdins and i know i have a xenium sitting around here somewhere, maybe ill pop those in a give it a try...

thanks for your help

da-goat