xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Schtrom360 Stealth Check & Video Partition  (Read 813 times)

coreire

• Archived User
Schtrom360 Stealth Check & Video Partition
« on: March 08, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

Hi,

I've read all about backing up my games and injecting dmi, pfi, and the video partition.

I just backed up a game there, injected its pfi and dmi. Then I injected video.iso, but I noticed that I had injected the video.iso from one of my other games.

I still don't fully understand stealth images so I have 3 questions:

1) Is this image stealthed now? It passed all acidflash stealth checks in Schtrom360. But I did inject the video.iso from another game.

2)Is video partition the same in all xbox 360 games (does it even matter if I inject from another game)?

3)If the acidflash stealth checks say the image passed all checks, is it 100% guaranteed to be stealthed? Or can it say it passed even if u insert incorrect pfi,dmi,and video(or if you insert these 3 from another game)?

Thanks.

sosotiit

• Archived User
Schtrom360 Stealth Check & Video Partition
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

First a general warning about this, none of this stealth is checked at the moment, no one knows if it will ever be!!! So this entire thing about stealth is a nice to have, but make no difference as of this day.
Since there are no checks at this point, who knows what is sufficient. In fact for now the game partition and the ss is all you need. What might be required in the future, again who knows?

now on your questions
1) yes/no/maybe: it shows a video partition. Is it sufficient, is even needed , no one can tell you for the future.
2) no, so far two types (the 6MB and the 5MB), is there other fancy positioning of the video partition by MS that we do not know of??? Is it sufficient , is it needed, no one can tell you for the future
3) No, it cannot be guaranteed anything, only that they are valid PFI, DMI... Is it sufficient, is it needed  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ,no one can tell you for the future.
Furthermore, since you should not use Backup on Live anyway (see the rules), so stealth would be useful only offline if it is ever checked.

So to conclude, on Live one must only use Originals so the above concerns do not exist, offline nothing is checked at the moment and no one knows what will be controlled in the future so this is all nice speculation. Does not hurt to add it, but that is as far as it goes.

rgds,soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Mar 9 2007, 04:00 AM