xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mk 3 On Mame  (Read 278 times)

fantoboy

• Archived User
Mk 3 On Mame
« on: October 19, 2003, 10:54:00 PM »

A couple versions of mameox ago I know I had no trouble playing Ultimate MK 3 and plain MK3, now it runs slow and choppy.  Is it mameox or a problem unique to me?  Can anyone else run it smoothly?  I do have 128 Ram, maybe it's not being recognized completely by the newer versions?

dddooo

• Archived User
Mk 3 On Mame
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »

there was a change in 0.76 or the ver before it where they stated that some games would be slower.  I think MK was one of them because the mame core has been changed to emulate sound perfectly at a sacrifice of speed.  Do a search for the previous version of Mameox changelog and you will see some info about this.

MichaelNet

• Archived User
Mk 3 On Mame
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 01:43:00 AM »

All MK will be playable if you put Frameskip at level 2, 3 or 4, but there will be bugs of sound.

Street Fighter the Movie is playable too if you disable Frameskip, but there will be bugs of sound.

Gaia Crusaders is playable if you disable sound options.

noodle1009

• Archived User
Mk 3 On Mame
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 07:34:00 AM »

I forget exactly what version it happened in, sometime between .61 and .68, but the midway drivers where changed to remove a dcs hack for more perfect sound emulation.  There were some other hacks removed as well.  As a result you had to have a much more beefy cpu to run the games.  This is NOT likely to be changed.  If you were running the MK series on mame on your 2.4 Ghz PC it would run great and sound great.

Anyone is welcome to submit a patch to fix it ;-)

btw, I think the new core is a lot smoother for some games.  Just not this one.

TomisH

• Archived User
Mk 3 On Mame
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »

fantoboy - I've got Mameox .72 and the newer versions installed as well [0.74 and up...]. All are working fine. No problems whatsoever. And yes, all 2D Mortal Kombats running well on .72, are 'choppy' on later editions. But I don't care - I just run v. 0.72 for MIDWAY games, that's all.

PS. At every new release installation, when I run Mameox 0.72 afterwards it 'updates to newer core' or sth very similar.  dry.gif  

But MKs still run NEAT!  biggrin.gif