xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Move Dlc  (Read 1352 times)

mrjkwik

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« on: January 26, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »

NOTE 1:  do not ask for files.  this is simply how to move the files from a working live box to a mod box.
NOTE 2:  its in the instructions, but i'll reiterate, back up all files.  unless you enjoy reinstalling your game time and time again.

1.  backup the following files by renaming by adding something like orig_ to the front of them
These 5 are in your root directory
default.xbe
dl.xbe
adv_dl.xbe
sc3.xbe
adv_sc3.xbe

These 4 are in your adv/system/ directory
common.lin
entry.lin
lobby.lin
xbsf.lin

2.  out of the dlc, copy the 2 xbes from the 55530038/$u and the 3 xbes from 55530041/$u to a temp directory on your pc.

3.  patch all 5 xbe's by doing this

4.  transfer the 5 patched .xbe's to the root folder of the game.

5.  take the 4 files out of 55530041/$u/adv/system/ folder in the dlc and install it into the game folder itself at adv/system/ (where you backed up the 4 files earlier).

6.  once this is complete, you may delete the u$ folder from both dlc folders.

7.  now transfer 55530038/$c and 55530041/$c to your e:/tdata folder.

clear your cache, reboot, and enjoy.

if anybody finds any errors in this method, please post them.  this is not a fully tested method.  the game boots, loads, and has the new maps as accessible in both coop and vs (note, coop has to be in "create a mission").  but since i worked on this late, i had no one to test the maps themselves with.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

i only have one xbox left, so i cant try this, but sweet job.... nice to see this forum getting posted in at least once in a while.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

it has been confirmed that the maps do load by 2 other people.  

hope people get some use out of this.

dizturbd

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

Oh we will.  Thanks kwik.  Nice to know people in this forum still help other people once in awhile.

Entrepraninja

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »

I applyed the no contentmeta.xbx  tweak to all xbe's in root.  To my amazment the versus files actually worked, but when I navigate to co-op and missions no maps show up.  Any help would be appriciated.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 01:32:00 AM »

you moved the .xbe's that came with the content to the root, then patched the new .xbe's correct?

Entrepraninja

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

I patched the xbe's that came with the dl the transfered them to the root, The versus maps loaded, but the coop stuff doesnt show.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:00 AM »

hmmm.  other than clearing the cache drives, i dont really know what it could be.  i'm able to select them, and a few other people have tested it for me and were able to select and load them.

i think to nitpick any further with very basic questions would probably insult your intelligence, because it sounds like you know what your doing.  best advice i could give at this point would be to retrace your steps.  its happened to me on more than one mod i've done before where i had to start over.  heck, i had never messed with create a mission before i ran this hack before.

hope you figure it out, wish i could be more help.  but it sounds like you've done everything that myself and others have.

revello

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

I just failure when trying to patch all 5 xbe files. I tried to find this string ( c0 f3 a7 74 04 6a 05 eb af ) in every xbe file to change it to  c0 f3 a7 /eb/ 04 6a 05 eb af  , as mentioned in the other thread. but this string is only shown in one of the 5 xbe files ...    

i'm quite sure i missunderstood something concercning patching those 5 files...

please help i just want to have my maps on the second box o.O

big thanks...

mrjkwik

• Archived User
How To Move Dlc
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

make sure when you are running your search for the string, that you dont have any spaces in the search box.  in otherwords, the string should look like c0f3a774046a05ebaf .  if your still not having any luck, just by chance, run a search for the already modded string, c0f3a7eb046a05ebaf .  some hex editors, as far as i know, dont like spaces in hex search strings