xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Emulators On Xbox 360  (Read 1004 times)

NEUROMODS

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« on: November 30, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »

Don't flame me I usually don't post in the software section. But I was thinking, the first Xbox could run many emulators and you could install those emulators on DVD's and have them launch. I have a Mame X launcher that works great on my Xbox. So with that in mind, if we can get the Xbox 360 to read those disc then we could play those emulators.

Or, the Xbox 360 has emulators to run certain Xbox games. If we could add to that allowing it to read the emulator disc that would be good possibly to? (Clueless to that)

Just a thought though, but I really think if it could read those disc then new emulators won't have to be made.

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »

Well how could we add the emulator to a game disc that would mean that we would be running unsigned code on the 360. Thats impossible.

NEUROMODS

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:58:00 AM »

Not impossible, I have Mame X on DVD which launches great on my regular Xbox. Once a mod chips out for the 360 I'm sure it will work on there.

georaldc

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 03:51:00 AM »

Not impossible, I have Mame X on DVD which launches great on my regular Xbox. Once a mod chips out for the 360 I'm sure it will work on there.

Lol, of course you need a modchip to run unsigned code. But since there's none out yet, its impossible. That's what ShadowElitePro meant I believe

dirtdawg

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 04:10:00 AM »

What a totally pointless post. "Backups on Xbox 360 - Once we chip the Xbox 360 and can copy the original games we would be able to play backups on the Xbox 360".

Don't just post for the sake of it, it's a waste of people's time who are searching these forums for good intelligent information.

Can a mod close this topic please?

NEUROMODS

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 05:40:00 AM »

Erm, this is not about backup's on the 360... I think you are confused. This is a post about Emulators.

JoBlo69

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

The xbox 360 emulator that plays xbox games should beable to be reversed engineered to play unsighned code...

All it is is software. Someone with an xbob 360 dev kit should have no prob making an emulator that will launch original xbox titles from a burned dvd...

I think this should be the first ture 360 mod... I thinnk it has the most potential...

The original xbox games requiers some kind of fileing structure it can reconize, the xbox had this...

So part of the hole xbox emu on the 360 has to have some kind of orig xbox hdd setup... RIght???

if this is the case you should be able to toss in an install disk from an xbox, once you have this modded emu installed...

I dont see the point in doing this... cuz the 360 doesnt launch the xbox emu by defalt... But it would be cool to see...

beowulfx

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

I want to see A Sega Dreamcast Emulator on the Xbox 360  it could be possible couldnt it ?  maybe it cant read the gd-roms

offtopic   OMG I have been here for more than 3 years and this is my first post   that cant be right......well maybe it can

This post has been edited by beowulfx: Dec 14 2005, 12:26 AM

rzanwu36

• Archived User
Emulators On Xbox 360
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »

LMAO!!! biggrin.gif