xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Downlaodable Content  (Read 961 times)

vicviper74

• Archived User
Downlaodable Content
« on: April 07, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

I know its illegal to release the hombrews due to XDK problems but wouldnt it be totally legal to make like new maps if all there is are LIKE SKINS.
like just download a new map drop in a designated folder and it will automatically update??
there are alot of cool hombrew why isnt there new maps and stuff for like
starwars  new vehicles. like if there was a Revenge of the Sith PACK

SHiZNO

• Archived User
Downlaodable Content
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

Yes.

vicviper74

• Archived User
Downlaodable Content
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

so whats stopping you guys from doing small updates to the already released hombrew??

knepley

• Archived User
Downlaodable Content
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

nothing, just sick of the other homebrew we made for right now. content takes a longass time to make. we don't have any artists besides giantnewb and he's too busy in drum circles or something, so shizno makes most of the stuff himself. I try to make art and fail miserably. If someone made a set of textured models in 3d studio, I wouldn't be opposed to putting them in a remix of a game.

Would be nice if we could have stuff moddable, but I'm not going to release the source to any of my stuff since this scene has a little problem with just rebranding releases as their own, even if you did spend 60 hours on GUI code...  :jester:

pb_05

• Archived User
Downlaodable Content
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

NO REQUESTS!

This post has been edited by LepPpeR: Apr 28 2005, 03:25 AM

SHiZNO

• Archived User
Downlaodable Content
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

Well Pool SX has hooks in it to look for new content, sooooo there might be a Update Pack...but it looks like I have some shit to fix anyway so if I did add new content (new mini golf props maybe/decals) id probably just pack it in