xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Official Pool Sx Request Thread  (Read 1904 times)

wisefire

• Archived User
Official Pool Sx Request Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

hey how about putting in biljart too..
no holes, just 3 balls.. ah the memories.. played that with my dad when i was just a wee little wisefire.. lol..

SHiZNO

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »

Okay here is what is alrady implemented and should be in the final version unless i cut it in blind rage.

Std 8 Ball
Color'd balls (red and blue) where the pockets are assigned Red, Blue or Neutral...you have to sink your ball in the right colored pocket to score or the ball gets reset..
Mini Golf (build weird long tables with various maze like barriers)

Tomorrow ill give implementing Cutthroat a shot

9 ball should be in easily.

Snooker is a long shot as I havent read the rules yet and it seems to be very different to pool, but dont count it out yet.

Network play wont be in the initial release by the looks of it, but there will be a Network Edition if I can get a new Xbox power supply for my other xbox.

zerowizard

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 01:58:00 AM »

go http://www.bca-pool.com/play/ and then click on game rules on the left and it lists the Billiard Congress of America's rules. These are tournament style rules.

SHiZNO

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »

Cut Throat is now implemented. (instead of using the 15 ball textures i made them into 3 distinctive teams (red/blue/black)

the final gametype list will probably look like this

8 Ball
9 Ball
Colored (for create-a-table, make it so only certain balls can enter certain pockets)
Cut Throat
Mini Golf (create fun little courses in create-a-table [stupid gimmick but was easy to implement anyway])
Hot Spots (game type i thought of, where hotspots are on the table, and you have to hit a ball thru the hotspot for it to legally pocket on that shot (to prevent lame tap ins?) )

Thats pretty much all i want to do atm, the source is getting kind of messy due to all these various gametypes that differ so much.

But Ill definately be working on a Pool SX 2 (for network play) which will probably include other shit like Snooker.

jedimaniac

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2005, 04:51:00 AM »

sad.gif

(Or maybe its because no one could be bothered to code it).

I seem to remember the creators of xlink were willing to help any coder make any homebrew app compatable with xlink, no one took them up on it though.

Im sure the offer still stands if you were to contact them!

beerchug.gif

SHiZNO

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

The initial release wont be networkable.

part 2 Will be.

openwindow

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

SHiZNO

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 08:36:00 AM »

yuep

well im going to lock this thread now as the game is basically ready for release and feature creep is the last thing it needs.
Pages: 1 [2]