xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hacked Psp Bios?  (Read 915 times)

jamie123

• Archived User
Hacked Psp Bios?
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

can i ask why someone hasn't created a hacked psp bios yet? because wouldn't running thse games that require 2.0 and higher bioses be easier to run off the ms then?  i'm probably missing something somewhere as to why this hasn't been created yet, but please tell me why

netdevil69

• Archived User
Hacked Psp Bios?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=456164

Re-read my replies in this thread. The game is encrypted and can only be decrypted by version 2.0 firmware. Even if we had a hacked bios (firmware actualy) it would not be able to decrypt the encrypted eboots.

Its not the same as the xbox. Well, saying that, it is kinda like the xbox with its encryption, but you cant expect it to to be cracked/hacked in 1 month.

Even is there was a hacked firmware released, as soon as a new game was released, it could contain a newer form of encryption, which would leave the hacked firmware obsolete.

Give it time, a watched kettle never boils.

smile.gif

jamie123

• Archived User
Hacked Psp Bios?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(netdevil69 @ Nov 14 2005, 05:32 PM)
Re-read my replies in this thread. The game is encrypted and can only be decrypted by version 2.0 firmware. Even if we had a hacked bios (firmware actualy) it would not be able to decrypt the encrypted eboots.

Its not the same as the xbox. Well, saying that, it is kinda like the xbox with its encryption, but you cant expect it to to be cracked/hacked in 1 month.

Even is there was a hacked firmware released, as soon as a new game was released, it could contain a newer form of encryption, which would leave the hacked firmware obsolete.
Give it time, a watched kettle never boils.

:)

hah i see, right after i posted this though, i read somewhere that umd emulator might incorporate something to load the firmware in flash, so that it could boot the games, but the firmware would not be "installed"
did you see this anywhere else?

atomiX

• Archived User
Hacked Psp Bios?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(jamie123 @ Nov 14 2005, 01:28 PM)
hah i see, right after i posted this though, i read somewhere that umd emulator might incorporate something to load the firmware in flash, so that it could boot the games, but the firmware would not be "installed"
did you see this anywhere else?

UMDEmulator does allow loading the F0 and F1 components of the flash directly into memory but it does have its flaws. The firmware also needs to be decrypted before being used.

jamie123

• Archived User
Hacked Psp Bios?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(atomiX @ Nov 14 2005, 10:27 PM)
UMDEmulator does allow loading the F0 and F1 components of the flash directly into memory but it does have its flaws. The firmware also needs to be decrypted before being used.

what are "F0 and F1 components"  and the firmware needs to be decrypted?  doesn't any firmware decrypt a newer version of psp firmware though, i.e. , the 1.5 firmware decrypted the 2.0 firmware when you upgraded, so i dont actually understand exactly what your talking about lol, could you elaborate a little? do you mean that you can actually load firmware in the flash righ tnow? or you canjust load "something" into flash onto memory?