xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?  (Read 935 times)

LeafsNation

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« on: January 14, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

Is it possible to get Xlink Kai as a 4th tab? I understand you would need a whole new interface. But just asking if anyone is working on this.

clif

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

You could link it to a Xlink Kia standalone program, i got an old one but i dnot know if you can still download it or if it still works. but implamenting Xlink Xia into UIX yould be alot of work.

trentdadi

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

You could set up avalaunch with ONlY a games menu and just link it to avalaunch.

kgibso01

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

found a way to do this, you are really only launching another instance of xbmc that goes directly to the xlink page, so make a copy of the xbmc folder and name it xlink.  Then go into the xboxmediacenter.xml file and change the startup page to page id 2700 which is the page for xlink kai....

Works on my end, I am in the channel sometimes if you have questions.

peace out.
End_User

xzenor

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »

Can you be more specific, I cant find the "start up" in the xbmc.xml file. Maybe this would be a good tutorial.

kgibso01

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

Look for a line in your xml file that has  <startwindow> then make it  <startwindow>2700</startwindow> and then save.  But remember this will make xbmc go direct to kai everytime so you will want to have two different installs....

ImOkRuOk

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

Pretty redundant... why eat up more HD space with 2 XBMC's when 1 will work fine? Just make an XBMC tab, if you have the kai engine running (which you would need to be doing to get kai to work from a dashboard anyway) it starts as soon as XBMC is loaded anyway~

kgibso01

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »

eh....

I see it both ways I like the way it works direct into kai, but I could see how you would be worried about hard drive space....  either way if you want it it works if you don't that is fine to...

kg.

conners

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 04:22:00 AM »

is there a way that when u exit kai online via xbmc that it can go straight back to the uix dash, cause then bascially kai doesnt need to be added.

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

If you are doing what i think your doing you are the laziest person in the world. lol

conners

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »

i know i am, but it looks stock know, when it normally says xbox live, it now say Kai Online, looks letter

conners

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »

finally got it working right, my second tab is now Kai Online , and when you select it, it boots straight into the kai online section of xbmc, and even better when you exit the kai section it returns straight into the uix dash. seeing as kai isnt probably going to be added to uix, i`ve added it myself, now all i need to do is get a skin that look like uix or xbox live and i`ll be happy. maybe someone who can skin could help me  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif make a decent skin then i can write a full guide, as i think this is what a lot of people want, uix with kai online support, or then again i could be wrong.

prezet

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 08:23:00 AM »

So then conners how did you get xlink to boot back to UIX when quitting?

conners

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

edited the keymapping on xbmc, set the back button to boot uix.xbe form the root of my f drive, works perfect.

EBear

• Archived User
Xlink Kai As 4th Tab?
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »

What are the barebone files required to run XLink? I would like to save space. . . XBMC is rather large to have an extra copy on the hard disk.