xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: !help Hdd Unlocked!  (Read 191 times)

dice836

• Archived User
!help Hdd Unlocked!
« on: November 17, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

I have a softmodded xbox(with a really good softmod) and I was trying to debug my bios and I was told an error message and then I went on a long search and finally got to the part where I put the Slayer auto installer disk into my xbox and sum how, I was exploring and I found eeprom editor and I wanted to see what the eeprom did so I openned it and was looking threw the stuff.  Then I went and looked online to see wut this unlock HDD ment, but I couldn't find much so I figured lets try it because if it fails I'll just put in mechassault again and re-install my C or E if they die.... so I unlocked my dashboard and nothing happened.  After that I turned off my xbox and turned it back on and it gave me that green screen that tells us your really fucked and need to call for help, but I thought just put in mechassault and redo the C. well now the xbox does read games, so I thought "ok don't freak out just think for a second."
That is when I cam up with the idea of taking my friends softmodded xbox(same softmod as mine) and I would deconect my HDD then connect his HDD to my console.  Then start the xbox on his eeprom and get to his dash, once there I would insert the slayer disk.  While the slayer disk would be running I would change HDDs again so my unlocked HDD would be in, then when my HDD is in I would lock the dash board again from the slayer disk.

would my idea work? and if not do you have any better ideas? also I have thought of buying a mod chip so I could start with the chip on and that would allow for my HDD to be open. still I will test all this tomarrow I'll check back soon to see if anyone has any bright ideas. don't call me a retarted dumb ass, I know, but I like trial and error(you learn more)

If this is not the right section then please redirect me

Thanks again

Also if it is anyhelp I did find this site that told me all about the errors(I HAVE ERROR 05 in the top left of my screen)

theperfekt001

• Archived User
!help Hdd Unlocked!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

If you do not have your hdd key, get a modchip.

Moving...

This post has been edited by theperfekt001: Nov 18 2006, 07:34 AM

Dr Donkey Kong

• Archived User
!help Hdd Unlocked!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

your choices without the eeprom backed up and the hard drive lock/unlock key....

1. Get a modchip (any el cheapo will work)...
2. Follow this tutorial: http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/Reading_Xbox_Hdd_key.htm

Number 2 means you are smart and might need to do this on other xboxes...
Number 1 means you just want to fix your xbox...

Good Luck

dice836

• Archived User
!help Hdd Unlocked!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

ok I'm looking into making one of those eeprom readers but I also was wondering if my idea would have worked.  does anyone think or know that it would have, wouldn't have, worked?

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
!help Hdd Unlocked!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

Your idea won't work sorry.