OG Xbox Forums > XLink Kai Forum

Kai Setup - Local Lan / Linksys Router.

(1/2) > >>

coolcatt:
Problem description:

I run kai, login, go to Halo forum, chat with other players, pm works, I can see games on my xbox, I can see the other xboxs in the pregame screen, however I can never play in the game for some reason.  I can get into the game, but cannot move/fire interact with the game.   If i host i can move, but everyone else can't.

My setup:

- mod'd NTSC gen 5 (brand new) xbox, with DHCP setup so that it gets a local ip on the network here.

- Linksys Router set to operate as a gateway, DNS, DHCP. (192.168.1.1)  It has a static IP.  I set it to forward 3 ports to my PC's IP (192.168.1.3) [34518, 34519, 34520] all enabled as UDP.

- kai0006c installed. In the advanced tab I enter one of the ports above.  having the port entered, or just plain '0' for a port doesn't seem to make a huge difference either.  I can still see games fine, just can join.

- WinPcap 3.0 installed. (didn't seem to change anything)

I need suggestions... I'm going to fart around on the router, changing mode to router, and crap like that while I wait for some help from you folks.  Thanks much.

flat235:
A.) What are the pings to the other ppl in the arena?

B.) How much bandwidth do you have?

C.) What other apps / computers on your LAN are using the internet?

TD

jz28:
its been my experience that forwarding ports to a dhcp client wont work 99% of the time.

just an fyi.

I only say this because you mentioned dhcp up there :)

This post has been edited by jz28 on Feb 4 2004, 01:53 PM

flat235:
Also, why are you forwarding ports? Kai doesnt need it :)

But, that sounds like a classic "nowhere near enough bandwidth" issue to me.. being able to join, but it dying when the game starts..

Try something friendlier to low bandwidth - PGR2 for example..

TD

valius:
try setting upnp to enable + check & make sure you have not turned off any services your pc might require to function prop.

dhcp works fantastic for me & like TD said no need to port forward.

Valius :ph34r:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version