xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Frustration!  (Read 998 times)

Excelsion

• Archived User
Frustration!
« on: February 01, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

Fine, now i've read all the tutorials, faqs, help topics, tried asking in the chat channel.. And nothing..
Im using the newest KAI but how the **** do i connect my cube?
My computer has two network cards, and it's all wired up, ready to go..
Sitting in Mario Kart Arena, and it says on other ppl: 0 Xbox 1GCN. 0 Xbox 3GCN!
Where do I see if its connected to my cube?
I go into LAN mode in Mario Kart and it has 180 seconds before it cancels..
Other ppl are playing right before my eyes and I can't!
I don't use a router or firewall or some of that shit..
Im really pissed off, cuz i feel it should work....but it doesn't..

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

flat235

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

OK, couple of things

If you're seeing ppl with multiple cubes, you should get www.yellowinternet.co.uk/kai0006d.zip - as they are probably fastweb users- and their cubes get reported wrong.

Secondly, PAL does not work with NTSC - and 50hz will not work against 60hz. Check those things first..

To see if Kai has found your cube, turn the cube off, then log into kai , then turn the cube on a look for games - then go into the Performance tab - it should show a "local device" for your cube.

Apart from these things, check that others can see your ping - thats important..

TD

Excelsion

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

Ok, it appeared a Local Device when I did that, but now what?
Im only playing against PAL users, so that's no issue..

How do I see i if the other ppl sees my ping? As it says in the instructions : For 2 NIC users, it is highly unlikely you will need to do any of this.
And I am using 2 networks card, so they most likely see my ping? right? Or am i supposed to see it myself as well?
I don't understand how I can start a game, or see other games..

Am I just plain dumb?
Sorry if im asking too dumb questions, im usually not this dumb..
Thx for the help though..

flat235

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

Well, seems like uve got it all set up ok

Just use the chat window to find someone else - then both start ure LAN mode at the same time.. it should link up

TD

Excelsion

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

Ok, i found someone today, started at the same time.
Couldn't connect though... Just sez it couldn't find any games..
So I give up..
I'll wait for the final version..
But other than that, Kai is looking great though. =)

Byrne

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

I've given up as well.  I am also trying to connect with the Gamecube and am having no luck.  I have read the tutorials and FAQs and find them anything but helpful.  I thought this program was supposed to be simpler than Warp Pipe.

jz28

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 05:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (Byrne @ Feb 17 2004, 07:56 PM)
I've given up as well.  I am also trying to connect with the Gamecube and am having no luck.  I have read the tutorials and FAQs and find them anything but helpful.  I thought this program was supposed to be simpler than Warp Pipe.

its a lot simpler...you dont have to use ip addresses even.... instead of getting all bitchy, why not try and actually trouble shoot the problem? Give us more details so maybe someone can help you? Or is it easier to complain?

Excelsion

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ Feb 18 2004, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (Byrne @ Feb 17 2004, 07:56 PM)
I've given up as well.  I am also trying to connect with the Gamecube and am having no luck.  I have read the tutorials and FAQs and find them anything but helpful.  I thought this program was supposed to be simpler than Warp Pipe.

its a lot simpler...you dont have to use ip addresses even.... instead of getting all bitchy, why not try and actually trouble shoot the problem? Give us more details so maybe someone can help you? Or is it easier to complain?

Well, I have.
I would assume that the dude here has the same problem as me..
And we're not bitching really, I just want it to work, but it don't so..
Im sure it will work better in later versions...

Byrne

• Archived User
Frustration!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

I have tried figuring out what the problem is, but it is difficult when a forum post goes unanswered for six hours.  Also, I do not even know where to begin asking questions because I do not understand how the program functions and cannot find a good tutorial anywhere.  Warp Pipe may be more complicated, but at least I can find a tutorial that simplifies it.  I want to use this program because it seems much more advanced than Warp Pipe.  However, I just do not understand how it works, or why it won't work with me.