xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thc Lite Tab Problem  (Read 750 times)

Tamim95

• Archived User
Thc Lite Tab Problem
« on: October 24, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

PBL 1.4, softmodded using font exploits
d: 4920
--------------------------------

I followed the instructions word by word, and modified some of the config file. Now, when I load tHc Lite, the dash loads, but there is no text on the tabs. just 4 blank tabs. When I click on one, the dash freezes and a fraction of the music loops.

However, the shortcut buttons are working tho, anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I've searched on the forums, and my freezing problem seems a little different than the rest of the people because I think the other people have text on the tabs.

any help would be greately appreciated, Thank you.

gasclown

• Archived User
Thc Lite Tab Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

you have made a mistake - try again from fresh. wink.gif

Tamim95

• Archived User
Thc Lite Tab Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (gasclown @ Oct 24 2004, 12:10 PM)
you have made a mistake - try again from fresh. ;)

I downloaded another fresh copy of thc lite, copied them to my c drive...and there are still no text on the tabs :(...and it freezes when I try to click on one :(

gasclown

• Archived User
Thc Lite Tab Problem
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

my next suggestion is to pop in the chan and speak to another softmodder who uses thc.

Tamim95

• Archived User
Thc Lite Tab Problem
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (gasclown @ Oct 24 2004, 10:37 PM)
my next suggestion is to pop in the chan and speak to another softmodder who uses thc.

I see, I'll do that :)

While opening thclite.xbe in a hex editor, one thing I've noticed is that its looking for c:\fonts\Xbox.xtf. The exploit that I am using uses bert and ernie instead of the default fonts. So I am gonna try putting Xbox.xtf in a different folder, and change the thclite.xbe to look for Xbox.xtf in that folder.

But then why would it freeze when I click on a tab?

Anyways, thank you very much for replying....really appreciate it :). And on a sidenote, cant wait till you release those awesome neXgen skins...gotta have em when they come out :D

This post has been edited by Tamim95 on Oct 25 2004, 12:34 AM

Tamim95

• Archived User
Thc Lite Tab Problem
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

Yepp, its working...now I see the texts and everything.

However, even after editing config.xbx and pointing it at the right folder, it still shows nothing in the applications list.

[section0]
Title=Applications
Path=C:\\Apps

There are a few apps inside the c:\apps folder, but it shows nothing when I click on the application section sad.gif

Tamim95

• Archived User
Thc Lite Tab Problem
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

nevermind, turns out I didnt need to include the path. Its working now....thanks to the faq thread and the links in there smile.gif