xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: About Bsx News.  (Read 722 times)

Infamous_One

• Archived User
About Bsx News.
« on: October 07, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »

100% of the code in 2.0 was written by BSX.

no , 90% of the code is written by MS.

There is no thc code anywhere in the dash.

yes there is , is just renamed.

In order to bring you the most powerful M$ based dash, everything has been redone...everything.

not everything , i still see the same menus , same spining background , same buttons , same everything.

jsrlepage

• Archived User
About Bsx News.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »

for cryin out loud.

Can't you people ever learn to let past be past and not bug off everyone with those past shits? So the hell what if there's code. So the hell what if BSX is BS with an X (I don't personaly think that). At least they too put an effort in this. Not you guys who get pissed off.

JbOnE may be right. He may also be wrong. And I don't give a shit about it. BSX is a cool dash, it's got a cool interface, cool feats, in one expression it's ok! It "Just Works" ™. And that's all I care for. Sure, I don't use it. But I won't blame the team for doing cool things, cool mods, cool re-editions of the original MS Dash. They plagiated before? Okay, screw them for that. But at least they're keeping innovation on too. Like tHc/XDN and neodashX. And nexgen. and unleashX. and (insert any other project).

Try to make one. Just TRY.

This post has been edited by jsrlepage on Oct 8 2004, 04:24 AM

Infamous_One

• Archived User
About Bsx News.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (jsrlepage @ Oct 8 2004, 04:22 AM)
for cryin out loud.

Can't you people ever learn to let past be past and not bug off everyone with those past shits? So the hell what if there's code. So the hell what if BSX is BS with an X (I don't personaly think that). At least they too put an effort in this. Not you guys who get pissed off.

JbOnE may be right. He may also be wrong. And I don't give a shit about it. BSX is a cool dash, it's got a cool interface, cool feats, in one expression it's ok! It "Just Works" ™. And that's all I care for. Sure, I don't use it. But I won't blame the team for doing cool things, cool mods, cool re-editions of the original MS Dash. They plagiated before? Okay, screw them for that. But at least they're keeping innovation on too. Like tHc/XDN and neodashX. And nexgen. and unleashX. and (insert any other project).

Try to make one. Just TRY.

I will , but i cant say that it wont have THC code in it.

ninja friend

• Archived User
About Bsx News.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Give it a rest. This isn't about your shitty little dash wars. It's about people having fun with their Xboxes. Stop trying to start ish, and enoy the fucking scene.

ph34r.gif

world in an oyster

• Archived User
About Bsx News.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Infamous_One @ Oct 8 2004, 04:15 AM)

no , 90% of the code is written by MS.

yes there is , is just renamed.

not everything , i still see the same menus , same spining background , same buttons , same everything.

wow, they gave you the beta to let you find all that out!?

quall

• Archived User
About Bsx News.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »

people create these dashes for fun.....i don't see why you are getting pissed off if bsx uses anyones code. If you don't like the dash, don't use it.

other dashboards use avalunch's speed up method for faster ftp. Xbox Media Center is built around dozens of other peoples codecs. you know what, who cares? the result is cool and nobody is trying to make money off the projects. They are open source so you can even use their code.