xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bsx Stealing Code Again?  (Read 1502 times)

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« on: October 07, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

*UPDATE* Yoshihiro will be adding FTP and NoDongle NoRegion DVD support to BlackStormX. A beta XBE with these features has just been tested and it's already working great! You can even watch a DVD (with no dongle) and FTP into your Xbox at the same time.

I was just in the BSX forum because i wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about the new awesome BETA when i came across this statement in the thread welcoming the 3 new guys to the team and i started wondering "how come they are all of a sudden able to implement FTP support AFTER JbOnE released BETA that HAD FTP support??"  So i was just wondering how BSX was able to come across this and if they are stealing some of JbOnE's hard work again.  And if they are, thats ok, we all know who came out with it first  cool.gif MUCH PROPS JBONE!!!

alfiej

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »

As much as I don't like BSX I don't think they can steal the FTP portion of XDN because its coded into the XBE itself AND I believe  JbOne encrypted the xbe anyway..

Open the xbe with a hex editor and search for BSX.. smile.gif

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

oops they did it again , BSX stole code from THC

coltxL2717

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »

K, now to get the facts trully strait.  BSX did NOT steal XDN code.  

First of all the XDN xbe is encrypted and BSX is using NeXgEns ftp.  So i dont know how great that is.  

Second of all, jbone and yoshi were friends.  Then yoshi betrayed jbone and left for bsx.  Whatever, not important.

Third of all jbone did the ftp by himself.

Forth of all the announcement that Jbone was working on ftp came way before the announcement that bsx had ftp.  Why is this important?  Because it is easy to say that your dash has ftp with out releasing it.  Jbone released a beta to get rid of some bugs and show he had ftp working.  Not calling bsx liars, but hey jbone put up.  How about you guys?

Fifth and finally jbone is working on dvd and its coming along nicely.  Shit happens when you are entirely reinvent dash hacking.  Shit got moved around so he had to remove the dvd support.  And a hint for you BSX the new dvd player in XDN will be better that the one in the original msdash.  How you ask.  No dongle.  I know you guys have this too, but jbone is doing some cool shit that you'll have to find out about later.

So those are the facts .  No more dash wars.  Go home and use whatever the fuck you want.

This post has been edited by coltxL2717 on Oct 8 2004, 06:06 AM

JbOnE

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »

hadda remove some BUllshitX outta the thread lol - they cross post again and I'll have them removed period. Ya want facts - here they are...

1. yes BSX has ftp too now - true to their nature they don't do anything themselves and simply steal someone else's work. they are using nexgen's ailing ftp which Yoshihiro decided it was easier to steal theirs than to write his own. Also fact i had a beta with ftp in it out to beta testers as well as a select few scene ppl days b4 Yoshi implimented his pilfered ftp code.

2. yes i was friends with Yoshihiro - up until today - I had an idea to impliment the xbdm server in a non debug environment so we could all use that instead of ftp. don't be suprised when that comes up as one of BSX's "original ideas" as well. It was then Yoshi decided to give me an ultimatum of "backing my dogs off" (yes that would be you ppl in the chan he was calling dogs) or he would "never speak to me again". so i said good luck and fuck off - i don't take ultimatums.

3. of course BSX is gonna be done b4 XDN is - crap is always done quicker than quality - especially when you have a team of 9 wannabe's. funny how it takes such a large team to even try and step up to my work.

4. i no longer consider BSX any type of stolen code - they can do whatever they want with that old school methodology. I have created a whole new system for efficiently getting things done in ways Yoshi could not even begin to understand. Put in 2 years of work on the dash Yoshi - then gimme a call when you catch up ;P

Bottom line is XDN will be 100x the dash any BSX effort could hope to be. Until it's out enjoy putting out your 'party favor' dash boys - cuz when I'm done you'll have about as many users as you do members in your chan. And to all the loyal users - thx for your support and you will not be dissappointed  wink.gif

JbOnE

coltxL2717

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

Thank you JbOnE.
Keep in mind what JbOnE said.  He is only one man working on the dash by himself with just a couple of beta testers.  How many people are on bsx?  ZING!!!!!

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  go get them JB0ne!

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (slay @ Oct 8 2004, 01:05 AM)
http://www.xbox-scen....php?newsview=4

bsx posted the info BEFORE thc about the ftp
they didn't steal the code.

check the date (and jbone, now xantium is mailed, keep trying to remove post, and edit all you want, ppl will know the truth soon. are you afraid? ^^)

->> Xbox Dash Next: Public Beta Bug Bash Release 1.0 (full news)
(October 2 11:58)

->> BlackStormX News *updated* (full news) (October 1 17:06)

bsx posted the news 1 day before thc.

STFU

->> Xbox Dash Next (tHc Final) FTP support screenshot (full news) (September 26 23:05)

thats on the bottom of that link you gave

not taking sides smile.gif

Hozy

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

Erased

This post has been edited by Hozy on Oct 10 2004, 07:47 AM

coltxL2717

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 01:27:00 AM »

Wow Hozy i see that by taking horneydevils side and bad mouthing thc they let you back on the XOS dev team.  How many guys did u have to blow this time?

This post has been edited by coltxL2717 on Oct 8 2004, 08:28 AM

Hozy

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 01:31:00 AM »

ERASED

This post has been edited by Hozy on Oct 8 2004, 08:53 AM

Hozy

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

uhh.gif

coltxL2717

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »

Wow that is the witiest thing you could come up with?  Man, i actually feel sorry for the BSX guys cause they have to deal with you.  I personally dont, so have fun bashing me.  Truth still remains that thc is the best looking dash, and you yourself told horneydevil "what are yo not telling us.  Alot of us are disappointed"  Then i noticed that the XOS dev thing came offf your sig.  Hmm...isnt that gettting kicked off the team?  And for defending thc no less.  Hmmm....sounds fishy to me.

JbOnE

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

keep it up HoZy - you're once again sticking your own foot up your ass - and as for Milenko - as i stated above in slay's post - BSX is not welcome in this forum - period - all BSX posts here will be deleted unless they really help the case for having BSX removed from X-S. slay wants to keep claiming BSX posted news first - well damned if i didn't forget my own news posts almost a week b4 the one he keeps posting - so now who needs a dose of the truth slay - you were warned - no more BSX posts in this forum - PERIOD...

This post has been edited by JbOnE on Oct 8 2004, 08:46 AM

Hozy

• Archived User
Bsx Stealing Code Again?
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

ERASED

This post has been edited by Hozy on Oct 8 2004, 08:50 AM
Pages: [1] 2