xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uix + Xbmc  (Read 797 times)

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
Uix + Xbmc
« on: November 02, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

So there I was just blazin abit, and playing around with xbox media center, and then I got this brilliant idea for a next step in UIX and the xbox in general. I think XBMC and UIX should produce a love child, this would be UIX  and an intergrated part have xbox media ceter, within the same program. The new extension/part of UIX would have 3d looks, like the interface of UIX, but function and be XBMC. Like the reason I would still use XBMC as a dash over UIX, is because it can play music and videos, but if UIX or some extension of it, could play videos, that would be great. It would be the best thing to happen to the modding community EVER.

Envision XBMC with the 3d graphics and menus of UIX/THC/XDN, that would be king!

PID

• Archived User
Uix + Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »

I have had the 3d interface thing for XBMC in the back of my mind for a long time. But with the rate of Development in the XBMC camp, adding any intergration would be tricky. Those CVS builds come thick and fast. There is alot still to be done with the UIX dash, and XBMC is only a quicklink away, but who knows what can happen. But you are right. The look and feel of UIX with some of the functionallity of XBMC would be nice, but for now, launching XBMC when an unknown disk is inserted does me fine.

Rodimus04

• Archived User
Uix + Xbmc
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 12:13:00 AM »

Seems a little bloated to have it all in the dash.

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Uix + Xbmc
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »

Agreed, this would be very nice

Heet

• Archived User
Uix + Xbmc
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

I want it to bring me a beer.

trentdadi

• Archived User
Uix + Xbmc
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »

Now that would be a great feature.  It should also function as a fridge to keep my beverages ice cold and also turn into an oven and make me a pizza.  And it can also save me time by surfing the net and finding me free pron and downloading it and save it as the background.

This post has been edited by trentdadi: Nov 18 2004, 06:29 AM