xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Idea For Uix Final  (Read 985 times)

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« on: October 25, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »

Ok, i was sitting in my room just messing around the XDN v1.1 and i was in the settings tab and i was looking at how ever option had a associated 3D picture in the little sub-orb.  You know, the clock tab would show a clock in the orb when it was highlighted, and audio tab would show two speakers when it was highlighted ect.. And i went back to the main orb and was thinking that it would be kinda cool if each main tab had its own associated picture that would show up when the tab is highlighted.  For example: the music tab could show a music note in the main orb when highlighted, the harddrive tab could show the xbox, the settings tab could show maybe a wrench and screwdriver, the memory tab could show a memory card, the games tab could show the controller-S, the emulators tab could show a aracade machine or a old nes system, the applications tab could show....actually i dont know what the application tabs picture could be but i'm sure you guys get the point.  And of course there could be the option to turn off the 3D pictures in the main and sub-orbs.  I just thought this would be kinda nifty.

quall

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »

that is actualyl a pretty nice idea. Kind of how xbmc has a picture with every menu option. Xbox could have the same but with a 3d object relating to the menu.

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

Exactly, i didnt even think of using XBMC as a example, lol.  But yeah, just like that but 3D which would make it kick ass!  :luv:

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

It would be really cool is someone made some 3d models of the game systems that can be emulated on the xbox (similiar to the xbox 3d model).

Then maybe someonce could make some nice xbox dash skins for the emulators to keep the feel consistent

jacobesterque

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (gnutellafan @ Oct 28 2004, 03:02 PM)
It would be really cool is someone made some 3d models of the game systems that can be emulated on the xbox (similiar to the xbox 3d model).

Then maybe someonce could make some nice xbox dash skins for the emulators to keep the feel consistent

i second that ...

djambic

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »

It sounds cool and all and Im sure Id do it but the modding scene is all about individuality and keeping things different from each other. Its a good idea but the differences is what makes competition. Like I sid if it was done, Id probably do it.

PID

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

If your talking about things like a 3d arcade cabinet in the orb for say MAME in the Emu's menu, or a 3d SNES for snes emu, then I am on it. But if anyone has some nice pics (front and side) or better still a model of anything that can be considered a "default" icon for the dash then please send em me and I'll see what I can come up with. I want to make the first set as close to the MS ones as possible so bear that in mind too.

Don't forget you always have your autoadd icons now too :)

This post has been edited by PID: Nov 18 2004, 02:44 AM

jacobesterque

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (PID)
If your talking about things like a 3d arcade cabinet in the orb for say MAME in the Emu's menu, or a 3d SNES for snes emu, then I am on it.

what do you mean you're on it?  do you mean seeing if coding could be put into uix, or modeling the models, etc.?  cause if you want i am pretty sure there are some people in the community who have great 3d modeling skills who could model the older systems ... thats if you are not doing it yourself.

QUOTE (PID)
or better still a model of anything that can be considered a "default" icon for the dash.

do you mean a model for uix or dashboards in general?

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

That is exactly what i mean PID.  Have a different picture for every menu option: Music tab->3d model of CD or music note, System tab->3d model of xbox,Applications tab->3d model of floppy disk or something, Games tab->3d model of xbox controller, Hard drive tab->3d model of hard drive,emulation tab->3d model of N64 or something (and then have different 3d models of the different system for each different emulator, like you said PID), Dashboards tab->3d model of.....i dunno, the orignal ms dashboard orb? lol.  But yeah, i think you get the point.  Maybe there could be like different sets that people can download and put them in the dashboard and choose which picture is associated with each item/tab?  I think that would be pretty cool.

gasclown

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »

PID

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

The code can of course be added to UIX. I meant the models. I would love some help making all the old systems, amongst other icons. I know there are models out there already, but I would rather make em for myself (Cause of all the stolen comments already). The xm tool is out there, anyone can make any mesh they like for in a m$ dash now, but alas, not may people seem to be, so I will.

Yes I do mean for UIX, but they can be used in any dash of course with a little conversion. That is when there is another dash that can display 3d models so gloriously.

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

HOLY CRAP!!  :o Yeah, that is exactly what i'm talking about gasclown!  Do those icons also work in the main menu, you know with the four tabs?  That is amazing!  Now tell me, were you guys planning on doing this before i suggested it or did you like my idea enough to actually do it?  :P

gasclown

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

(IMG:http://members.optusnet.com.au/mastrmindalliance/cont.jpg)

here's an xbox controller _that you won't find at 3dcaf_ with buttons and jewel and all (not the best screeny) that more resemble the original icons.

This post has been edited by gasclown: Nov 19 2004, 04:13 AM

PID

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

I personally was makeing some arcade cabinets already.

But to have 3d models for everything is not feasable. Just a select few things.

gasclown

• Archived User
Idea For Uix Final
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

dont mean to crap up the thread but - im amazed - the controller seems to texture correctly for some reason  :blink:

(IMG:http://members.optusnet.com.au/mastrmindalliance/cont2.jpg)

edit: PID - i want you to see this model in the flesh - it seems to have like hyper texturing - it reflects like no other model ive ever seen in the dash. its crazy (good crazy - not like charles manson).

(IMG:http://members.optusnet.com.au/mastrmindalliance/cont3.jpg)

This post has been edited by gasclown: Nov 19 2004, 05:28 AM