xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Requests For New Dash  (Read 923 times)

whiffin

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« on: October 20, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »

A few things I would like, love.

A feature that easily copies games to HDD so that even a novice could do it. I use boXplorer, and it's all good for me, but I have friends who don't quite understand. But a delete-game and add-game option would be great. "Please enter disk into drive", "Please type name of game", "hit a to copy game" ...

A good password system. I LOVE the tHC passwords that protects teh settings menu - genius! I can lend my box to people with no worries. BUT If I could also password boXplorer, XBMP and anything else that could harm my Xbox ... then it would be truly fool proof. Also, now this may be asking too much, what if I could also protect certain games so I could stop kids playing Leisure Suit larry or GTA?

Perhaps this is just me, but one reason I live tHC is all bits I don;t use can be "hidden away", I also like EvoX for that reason. I love not having options that I don;t use, I love being to disable everything if I want to ... but have it there if I want. Please please keep that.

Built in FTP/Filamanager - but I spose you'll do that anyway.

Game icons - or is that far too much?

Ability of editing game names from dash. Now this could be either from the XBE name or folder (depending how you do it).

I think that's all for now.

tHC is the best dash ever, more than I could have hoped for ... but if it had these extras I'd ......  ;)

burnerO

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (whiffin @ Oct 20 2004, 03:04 PM)
A feature that easily copies games to HDD so that even a novice could do it. I use boXplorer, and it's all good for me, but I have friends who don't quite understand. But a delete-game and add-game option would be great. "Please enter disk into drive", "Please type name of game", "hit a to copy game" ...

Though I'd also prefer it in-dash (not sure about the feasibility), have you ever tried Complex Tools?

It's far more idiot proof than attempting to use boXplorer for this purpose.

crobar

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

personaly some things sould be kept in apps and not all lumped into one dash.
it leaves more room for bugs and load times kill...
dvd2xbox is the easiest (idiot proof) way to rip games to the hard drive...
id hate to see this dash get bloated with features people already have great apps for.

Heet

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »

Ya i agree dvd2xbox is the only solution for me.  Tells you how long it took, ejects game when done, tells you if it failed to copy certain files, runs ACL, can have multiple directories to rip to, there is nothing better than this app.

*not saying it shouldnt be integrated tho, if they can really do that then it would be just more icing on an already sweet ass cake.

This post has been edited by Heet: Oct 20 2004, 07:24 PM

'iCeCooL'

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

Well this feature is already on the list of thing to add to the dash ..

A good password system. I LOVE the tHC passwords that protects teh settings menu - genius! I can lend my box to people with no worries. BUT If I could also password boXplorer, XBMP and anything else that could harm my Xbox ... then it would be truly fool proof. Also, now this may be asking too much, what if I could also protect certain games so I could stop kids playing Leisure Suit larry or GTA?

This feature has already been added to the dash .. it protects any app/game etc with a password :) and is working fine

Built in FTP/Filamanager - but I spose you'll do that anyway.

This also has been added to the dash and is working :)

Oh and btw its not tHc anymore it UIX :P

This post has been edited by 'iCeCooL': Oct 20 2004, 10:18 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

I just want the ability to have nested folder for games like

games\shooting
games\racing
games\misc

and have them all auto list

whiffin

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 03:14:00 AM »

> A feature that easily copies games to HDD ...

Well this feature is already on the list of thing to add to the dash ..

Sweet  :D

> A good password system. ...

This feature has already been added to the dash .. it protects any app/game etc with a password  and is working fine

Sweet  :D  :D

> Built in FTP/Filamanager - but I spose you'll do that anyway.

This also has been added to the dash and is working

Sweet  :D  :D  :D

Oh and btw its not tHc anymore it UIX 

Sorry

I LOVE YOU GUYS  :luv:

nitram

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 04:26:00 AM »

dont you love me?  :(

whiffin

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

nitram - you're my favourite  :rolleyes:

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (whiffin @ Oct 21 2004, 12:45 PM)
nitram - you're my favourite  :rolleyes:

I have to agree with whiffin on the game to HD copy, although dvd2xbox can do it, to people who have never used it before it can seem very daunting, so the inbuilt ripper will be great!

:(  ;)
I agree we need a built in dvd ripper, dvd2xbox is daunting to the n00b whether you like it or not.
I also would love xlink kai support!

This post has been edited by chilin_dude: Oct 21 2004, 07:23 PM

UGLYMONKEY

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

Right, this is a longshot but here goes: ........... Now that FTP has been integrated into the .XBE(i guess new information has been found) , what are the chances of adding MP3 or Video Playback?

I think video playback would look sweeeeeet for game previews etc..

Xtr3m3 Bug

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

I have a suggestion (To lazy to make a new topic and don't wanna spam the forums with suggestion threads :P)

Not sure if it falls under the game icons part since he didn't elaberate but could you allow use to use our own Thumbnails for games enstead of getting the icon from the xbe? Kind of like what XBMC does. Just put the thumbnail into the game folder as default.tbn and that's it's new icon.

Also could we be able to switch views within the games menu incase we want a thumbnail view enstead of a list view or something? (If the above is added that is, if not doesn't matter :P)

gasclown

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »

In dash config for all items and a single config file for manual editing.  A restore to default setting config.

If possible hopefully the file manager will be able to move about large files on a partition without corresponding amount of free space (like boxplorer not unleashx).  Lots and lots of button controlled 'animations' ala WIP and preview of BSX2.

oh, and i know its a cool trick but - the cube icon thing looks silly (there is no other square angles in the dash) - how about the option to do them like the saves copy/delete menu where they're  mapped to a disc shaped mesh and seem to have some alpha around the edges - looks more appropriate to the dash (to me anyway).

oh, and if you've got any free time a spyware remover that'll run over the network to clean my pc would be real handy. lol

but hey im not complaining bout ftp,dongle free and file manger so if thats all you do i'll be stoked.

trotos

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 02:07:00 AM »

What about a ftp file  exhange manager like the one that has develop ava/qwinx that speeds up transfer rate?

and how big will this does be with all those features?

Dan Wysocki

• Archived User
Requests For New Dash
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

Can we have an option to play a chosen soundtrack\playlist on boot?

How about being able to use random for just one soundtrack\playlist instead of every ripped track?

Thanks for the time and good luck with the dash!!
:beer: