xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Microsoft: The Essential E3 Preview by Next-Gen.biz  (Read 1831 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Microsoft: The Essential E3 Preview by Next-Gen.biz
« on: April 28, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

MaulerX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

"The latest word is that it can be expected to show up at E3, though it likely won't be playable, or even running in real time on real hardware."-Halo3

IGN thinks quite the opposite: http://xbox360.ign.c...3/703671p1.html

"Knowing MS, the publisher will want to show all real, in-game engine footage to counter Sony's fantastical CG videos from E3 2005."-Halo3

unklgeorge

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

Bungie hasn't even confirmed what their next project is, and i won't be surprised at all when Halo: Extreeeme Snowboarding makes its incredible debut at E3.  But either way we can all say how dumb Bungie would be not to make Halo 3, but remember; there is no guarantee that they are makining even a Halo franchise game at all.

Jagosix

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(unklgeorge @ Apr 28 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Bungie hasn't even confirmed what their next project is, and i won't be surprised at all when Halo: Extreeeme Snowboarding makes its incredible debut at E3.  But either way we can all say how dumb Bungie would be not to make Halo 3, but remember; there is no guarantee that they are makining even a Halo franchise game at all.

Hello. Dude, you must be on drugs or something to think that M$/Bungie are not doing another Halo. That's just like saying that Square/Enix are not making another FFxx series. Halo3 (or whatever they're going to call it), is going to make history sales again just like HALO2. Niether SONY nor Nintendo have any exclusive game that can outsell or outdo HALO. M$ is going to bring out another HALO. That's a given.

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

It will be interesting to see what E3 brings us, especially with the PS3 not even out and MS stacking up the games for the 360, wonder if anyone has anything up their sleeve...

My hope is to buy a 360 in one year from now on the Halo 3 release date and pick up the premium 360 package for $300.  Of course, I would buy a 360 sooner if a homebrew media center were to be developed.  No need for me to get a 360 now as the only games I play are the Halo series.  But I use XBMC almost every day for TV shows and movies.

Big Al

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

Wasn't the PS3 supposed to "walk right into" the release of Halo 3 when it was release this spring?

Mr_Milenko

• TeamUIX
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

"Hello. Dude, you must be on drugs or something to think that M$/Bungie are not doing another Halo. That's just like saying that Square/Enix are not making another FFxx series. Halo3 (or whatever they're going to call it), is going to make history sales again just like HALO2. Niether SONY nor Nintendo have any exclusive game that can outsell or outdo HALO. M$ is going to bring out another HALO. That's a given."

Well dude, I may be wrong... but seeing as Halo is a franchise and not just one single title, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has MS beat there, The Mario Franchise, this includes Mario Kart, Super Mario Brothers, Smash Brothers, Mario tennis, Mario Soccer, Mario Party (yes all SEVEN titles) and a lot more (Mario is Missing etc,).. I'm pretty sure the mario franchise has sold a hell of a lot more titles than Halo..

Mario lost his Wii!! (couldnt help it..)

This post has been edited by Mr_Milenko: Apr 28 2006, 07:25 PM

Shinamano

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

Sales wise there are close to 2 Million 360s in homes across the USA...how many copies did Halo 2 sell day one?

I would suspect that the next Halo will not make it out until Holiday 07...

By then the 3660 in the states should be at or around 10 Million consoles...

That is the time to pull out the big guns...plus that is around the time the movie will hit as well...

Add the dvd/hddvd to the Collectors edition of the game and you have a juggernaut that the world has never seen the likes of...

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Apr 28 2006, 02:58 PM) View Post

Sales wise there are close to 2 Million 360s in homes across the USA...how many copies did Halo 2 sell day one?

I would suspect that the next Halo will not make it out until Holiday 07...

By then the 3660 in the states should be at or around 10 Million consoles...

That is the time to pull out the big guns...plus that is around the time the movie will hit as well...

Add the dvd/hddvd to the Collectors edition of the game and you have a juggernaut that the world has never seen the likes of...

1.5 million prepurchases

it was something like 2.2 or 2.4 mill sold in a single day. For reference, There were around 15 million xbox's in homes at the time of launch.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

I have to disagree that H3 will beat H2 on launch day. Due to the disappointment of H2, I and a some others will be waiting a little while. Personally I'm not buying it on launch just for the fact that I don't want to add to the hype. I'll rent it and if it's better than H2, I'll buy it. If Bungie wants my money this time they will have to sell me on the gameplay, not the fact that it's a sequel to Halo.

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: Apr 28 2006, 08:40 PM

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Apr 28 2006, 03:38 PM) View Post

I have to disagree that H3 will beat H2 on launch day. Due to the disappointment of H2, I and a some others will be waiting a little while. Personally I'm not buying it on launch just for the fact that I don't want to add to the hype. I'll rent it and if it's better than H2, I'll buy it. If Bungie wants my money this time they will have to sell me on the gameplay, not the fact that it's a sequel to Halo.

people like you and I wont be buying it launch day, but millions will be there to take our place.

If it doesnt beat or match halo 2 sales, it will come close, and thats still a huge success.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

pah if they put it in a shiny metal box they've got my money already  laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 28 2006, 04:00 PM) View Post

pah if they put it in a shiny metal box they've got my money already  laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I demanded that everyone who attended my 5 day long launch party, buy a copy of each. I used to have a pic of the 5 of us holding both the original and CE cases  rolleyes.gif Unfortunately, the launch party at EB was more exciting than then actual getting home and playing of the game. Oh, taking the pics was cool  pop.gif  

Hardcore xbox fanboys, regardless of what kage says or how he justifies it  jester.gif

Jagosix

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr_Milenko @ Apr 28 2006, 06:22 PM) View Post

Well dude, I may be wrong... but seeing as Halo is a franchise and not just one single title, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has MS beat there, The Mario Franchise, this includes Mario Kart, Super Mario Brothers, Smash Brothers, Mario tennis, Mario Soccer, Mario Party (yes all SEVEN titles) and a lot more (Mario is Missing etc,).. I'm pretty sure the mario franchise has sold a hell of a lot more titles than Halo..
Mario lost his Wii!! (couldnt help it..)

Hello. Ok.. Ok.. let me be specific. HALO2 has made the Largest 1-day sales in History, so far. Not even SONY, Nintendo or Hollywood movies have topped it to date.

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

The way I see it M$ better show some Halo 3 or something spectacular because they don't seem to have anything worth talking about compaired to Wii and PS3.
Pages: [1] 2