xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Pgr3 Achievements  (Read 3539 times)

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

I got the achievement but I didn't actually finish the race, and I was in at least 6th place. I think all you need to do is be in a race that was broadcasted, and play it through, not even to the finishline, just don't quit.

Rubix42

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

^^^^
Correct, I took last place, more than 30 seconds behind first, so I didn't even finish the race.

(BTW-I am not so good at this game, and I can never catch up if someone drills my car into the wall. . )

metaldevil

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

Welcome to Xbox-Scene. smile.gif "E-brake" is short for emergency brake.

deacon187

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »

yeah it stands for emergency brake, although i use both terms, if its in your center cousel of the vehicle i call it a hand brake, and if its an extra foot pedal which i dont play around with as much as the hand brake i call it the emergency brake

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

From: megasnake | Posted: 12/14/2005 8:01:13 AM | Message Detail
ok for all kudo manouvers in one race its best to take the last championship in the solo career (eliminator half f-1 circuit), if needed , take the novice difficulty to buy you time  to bust out your moves and get the fastest lap manouver.

Drift (if u dont know how to do this u dont deserve the badge tongue.gif )

E-Brake Slide (using the handbrake to slide)

Feint Drift       (when the turn comes up steer in the opposite direction of the turn shortly then suddenly turn the wheel to the right direction at full force to make the car's weight shift slide the car in order to make the corner)

Braking Drift (use the brakes to slide)

Power Over  (slide through a corner using your cars rev power to create a slide, so basicly overuse the gas to slide)

Power Feint   (combination of feint drift and power over ,  best done by releasing gas in front a corner doing the feint drift and apply a lot of gas while turning the wheel)

Braking Feint ( apply the power feint manouver but instead of gas use brake , hard to pull off because the game will often see it as braking drift instead)

Braking Power Over ( approach a corner much to fast , then just infront of the corner release the gas , AFTER THAT   just hit the brakes hard while manouvering your car through the corner)

Overtake ( pass a car )
Overtake (Draft) (sling shot past a car u were drafting)

Racing Line Accuracy (usually given at the end of a lap ,  to get this  be at the outside of a corner and turn inward during cornering, then turn outward when exiting corner  this is a basic racing strategy to get through corners fast )

Air (hard in this track , use the last corner of the race i recommend in the beginning,  you have a bump there where the chicane is , jump it (Not too fast!!) end in in the grass , dont hit the wall or u wont get the clean race manouver)

Two Wheels ( best to use chicanes for this ,  you can also use the same bump as the jump/air manouver , only have half your car take the bump)

Clean Section  (dont get any penalty's for a certain section of the race)

Clean Race  (dont get any penalty's for the entire race <- DONT FORGET  restart when u get a penalty since u wont get this)

360!  (simple just spin a 360 quickly , turn your wheel to one side and spin is the easiest way to do this, be carefull you have enough space to not hit any walls though)

Drafting (stay behind another racer who is accelerating)

Cone Gate (THIS IS NOT NEEDED, maybe it is when u try it at a cone challenge , but there is no reason to do so)
Time Bonus ( THIS IS NOT NEEDED ALSO, unless maybe u try it at a breakthrough i guess)

Posistion Bonus (basicly dont finish last . dont know if its only top 3 or top 7)

Fastest Lap (be the one with the fastest lap time at a lap (CAUTION: this will come up when the last person crosses the finish line so not when u cross it)

Top Speed ( THIS IS NOT NEEDED, only accounts for multiplayer mode)

McDirty

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Dec 15 2005, 03:13 PM) View Post

I've never seen anyone with the online pro badge... word on most of the message boards I've seen is that there's a bug preventing that badge from ever getting earned.

Some guy I saw had every platinum metal, and every badge in the game... still didn't have the Online Pro Achievment. blink.gif

have a look at my gamercard guys

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Dec 17 2005, 02:07 PM) View Post

Emergency Brake is the more proper term because it's not always controlled by your hand  wink.gif  (though any car worth it's weight in carbon fiber uses a proper hand brake).

Yeah you're correct about the Gotham Hero Achievment...

Also for the Style Racer badge... I have a clarification. The "points for all kudo's maneuvers" really requires you to own the "all kudo's maneuvers in one race" badge...

I found this on the Game-FAQs forums

I also found this on the xbox forums, followed it to the T and it really worked.  i'm not all that great at the game but i was able to pull this off in about 15 min.  

http://forums.xbox.c...4/ShowPost.aspx

McDirty

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 26 2006, 06:52 PM) View Post

I don't know why you're quoting TS about the Online Pro Badge. It seems like you're implying that you have it, but you don't. Within the first couple weeks of launch, if I remember correctly, someone had the same achievements as you so it's not impressive anymore. He was just missing the OPB. The problem still hasn't been fixed.

If you did have the OPB, that would impress me. rolleyes.gif

my bad - i thought he was talking about the style racer  unsure.gif

Do you need a hand off that high horse???

jbp20717

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

So is it 100% true that the Online Professional achievement is impossible to get?  I'm pretty sure I've done everything to get it, but no luck so far sad.gif   Does anyone know if Bizarre Creations intend to release a fix for the problem or not?

Also, as we're on the topic of PGR3, does anyone have any idea why my Complete Car collection badge would keep disappearing? - I keep earning it, but whenever I go back to the game I find that I don't have it despite owning every car (buying any random car makes it appear again, but I just widh it would stay grr.gif )

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(McDirty @ Jan 26 2006, 02:58 PM) View Post

my bad - i thought he was talking about the style racer  unsure.gif

Well since you've earned the Style Racer perhaps you could give me some advice...

The "Kudos for all Maneuvers"

how do you get that part?

Some have said it's simply kudos for every possible thing that could give you kudos, some have said you have to earn the "kudos for all  maneuvers in a single race" badge...

So which is it. Also do you have to do anything more then what's listed in the ahievment description?

any help would be appreciated.

McDirty

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 03:53:00 PM »

Ill do my best.

You have to do all kudos types, from page 10 of the manual, in one race!! (that’s the little book that comes in the front of the game box, for those of you, who just use it as a coaster)

Some wont count in certain situations e.g., a cone gate is not needed in a street race.

But yes you do need the "all kudos types in one race" badge.

To be honest, the quote you made from megasnake probably sums it up the best.

If I remember rightly, the achievement description is a bit vague (same as the exotic car club), unfortunately I can’t read it, because I have already achieved it (and for some reason, it wont let me view the requirements).  But if I remember, I only did the ones listed.

Hope this Helps

jbp20717

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

The best race to do this on is the last Eliminator.  You need kudos for 360, Overtake, Drafting, Air, Two Wheels, Clean Race, Best Lap and all the different drifts (e.g. Drift, Power Over, Brake Power Over, etc) if I remember rightly.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(McDirty @ Jan 29 2006, 06:00 PM) View Post

Ill do my best.

You have to do all kudos types, from page 10 of the manual, in one race!! (that’s the little book that comes in the front of the game box, for those of you, who just use it as a coaster)

Some wont count in certain situations e.g., a cone gate is not needed in a street race.

But yes you do need the "all kudos types in one race" badge.

To be honest, the quote you made from megasnake probably sums it up the best.

If I remember rightly, the achievement description is a bit vague (same as the exotic car club), unfortunately I can’t read it, because I have already achieved it (and for some reason, it wont let me view the requirements).  But if I remember, I only did the ones listed.

Hope this Helps

Thanks  happy.gif

jbp20717

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

Nope - I've just installed the patch and the achievement still doesn't show up grr.gif  

Bizarre Creations are basically washing their hands and saying that its down to MS to release a patch for it, so who knows when (if ever) anyone be be able to get the Online Professional achievement.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

E-Brake Slide (using the handbrake to slide)
Feint Drift (when the turn comes up, steer in the opposite direction of the turn shortly then suddenly turn the wheel to the right direction at full force to make the car's weight shift slide the car in order to make the corner)
Braking Drift (use the brakes to slide)
Power Over (slide through a corner using your cars rev power to create a slide, so basically overuse the gas to slide)
Power Feint (combination of feint drift and power over , best done by releasing gas in front a corner doing the feint drift and apply a lot of gas while turning the wheel)
Braking Feint ( apply the power feint maneuver but instead of gas use brake , hard to pull off because the game will often see it as braking drift instead)
Braking Power Over ( approach a corner much to fast , then just in front of the corner release the gas , AFTER THAT just hit the brakes hard while maneuvering your car through the corner)

What I did was write down a list of all the maneuvers and paid attention on the screen, whenever I earned something I paused the game and checked it off... I was able to get this badge in 3 tries. The first try I missed on of the slides, I didn't know how to do, then I found the above descriptions.The 2nd try I hit another car in the first lap trying to draft pass so I just exited, and the 3rd try I got it.

EDIT: re-aranged for better organization
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4