xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: US Xbox 360 BC list updated *Updated*  (Read 3175 times)

jizmo

• Archived User
US Xbox 360 BC list updated *Updated*
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 05:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(tottenhamfan @ Feb 7 2006, 12:53 PM) View Post

what would be nice if most of the bloody games in the list actually played on a monitor! only i went and bought the vga cable to find most of them dont work.what a big pile of pants

..and MS is being very silent about this. At first Xbox support didn't even acknowledge this, but after calling in again and again they finally agreed that there is indeed an incompatibility issue with VGA and BC.

I've also had a fight with two department stores about returning an unsealed game that doesn't work with x360 VGA although the MS' page clearly states that they should work.

Very bad way of handling things from MS, if you ask me.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(BanjoK @ Feb 7 2006, 12:23 AM) View Post

No console system has ever been backwards compatible except for the PS2. Are you complaining about BC because you were spoiled by that one system? People are only now demanding BC only because they were spoiled by the PS2 BC. The PS2 only had great BC because they put the entire PS1 on a chip in the PS2 and it was very affordable to do so and they owned all of that hardware. I doubt the PS3 BC will be much better than the Xbox 360 BC. I do not think anyone actually cares about BC and people just like to complain. If you still like Xbox games go play them on the Xbox.

I am glad you made yourself more clear after this post as PS2 was definitely not the first console to have backwards compatibility. Unlike you, those consoles were not before my time.

I have never owned a PS2. For that generation my consoles were XBox and Gamecube. I am not simply looking for something to complain about. One of the things that got me excited about the XBox 360 was the ability to play my XBox games in 1080i. If it wasn't for that I would have waited until March and the release of Oblivian to buy the console. Playing XBox games in 1080i was a selling point of the console to me. While I was aware of the limited number of games that were certified at release I got it anyway as I expected MS to be releasing regular updates to make more XBox games BC. This is not happening. We received one update at the beginning of December and we haven't received another one. It is February. This is rediculous. MS should be doing everything they can to please early adopters as our opinion of the system is going to influence many people's decision on whether or not to buy this system. I am not saying that I dislike the system. I have had a lot of fun with COD2, Quake 4, and Condemned. But, I would tell people to wait at this point especially if they care about BC. Yes, I can go play my XBox games on my XBox but that is not going to provide the 1080i I have looked to the 360 for (unless you play Enter the Matrix and I don't know why anyone would do that.)

Lizard King

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

HiperEye,

I'm here with you. I bought my 360 for three things, playing 360 games (of which there are none I want.....yet), to play media files through entertainment center, and to play BC games through System Link with the old Xbox. I had two Xboxes, and sold one in July to pay for two preorders (two different stores, just in case there were supply issues). I was happy to see the list in November at 200+, and the frequent updates promise got me hooked, but when I saw 4 new games a month later, I thought this is not going to be good.

I posted this story many times in this forum and have gotten nothing but "you should have waited til a game comes out you want because the premium will be $300 then" and "You should have bought an Xbox1 and saved the $200" comments. Honestly, I wanted to enjoy Halo2 on it, but it's a bit buggy for my liking, and Ninja Gaiden Black is unplayable. WHY ARE THEY ON THE LIST? The only other games I own (Burnout 3, Burnout Revenge and Chronicles of Riddick are not playable at all), so I went out and bought Splinter Cell...actually I bought Splinter Cell ChaosTheory first, and found it to be unplayable, so I took it back and had to demean an employee to get my money back and I got The original Splinter Cell. This was rediculous, MS should make retailers aware that the BC list is not infailable and that we may return the games. I doubt I could have returned it if it was a new game.

It's funny, because a lot of people seem to think that BC is a gift, from MS to us, their adoring fans. WRONG. It's a feature, its touted as a feature, and it's high time someone called them on this. MS has been inaccurate in the past, mixing rumours with information. It's been two months since out last update. BC, along with the media player problems, is damn disappointing on this rig, and I am that more more disappointed with the 360 and MS.
For now...until Ghost Recon and Burnout come out ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]