xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thq  (Read 1141 times)

gaz_dennis

• Archived User
Thq
« on: October 29, 2005, 06:12:00 AM »

racing title moto gp4 and the shooter, the outfit have both been delayed and are going to miss the launch.they are now expected early next year.saints row has also been delayed until june next year.

i am not at all bothered

Deftech

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

I thought Moto GP 4 was due next year anyways?

I might give The Outfit a rental at some point. Saints Row will never be touched by these hands.

jizmo

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

Bugger. Saints Row was on my definitely buy -list, but I'm not at all sure if it'll be on it in june. Probably no, unless they manage to make it something incredible.

I hate these news, greatest launch ever has crumbled from what it was initially. They shouldn't have announced games to be released in the launch, this is all bad publicity when we get less than promised.

Deftech

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

crumbled? seriously? whats less than promised? Unless your entire launch revolved around Saints Row, nothings really changed.

Oblivion was never given a date so we can't say that slipped, blame retailers and websites for that hype. The ONLY game that was pushed back that I yearn for was Recon 3, but I'm glad it got delayed for 2 reasons. #1 so they can push the hardware and make it look really really good, and #2, too many games at launch to begin with!

I can't think of any other games that have slipped from launch other than The Outfit and Saints Row, both of which don't appeal 2 me, but I can think of some that are at launch that were'nt supposed to be, Like King Kong. It was supposed to come out with the movie in mid December.

Again, it's all subjective. But all the big name games are still there(first party), all the EA titles are still there, all the Activisions are still there. I don't see how its bad publicity honestly.

gaz_dennis

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Oct 29 2005, 06:33 PM)
Bugger. Saints Row was on my definitely buy -list, but I'm not at all sure if it'll be on it in june. Probably no, unless they manage to make it something incredible.

I hate these news, greatest launch ever has crumbled from what it was initially. They shouldn't have announced games to be released in the launch, this is all bad publicity when we get less than promised.

yeah it is a shame about games gettin put back.good point on saints row,by the time  it comes out we should have some news on gta 4.and if the rumours are true about it been mmorpg i think i'll wait for that :D

Carlo210

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

Vice City was 'rumored' to be a mmorpg, as well as Gta SA. Don't get your hopes up.

By the way, if it is a mmorpg, the game would suck even more. Before getting all crazed over the concept, think about 100's people aimlessly walking around looking for someone to kill and, when they do, aimlessly blowing eachother up (with GTA's gameplay  :blink: ) without any regards to doing anything constructive.

In the love of being off-topic, here I go with GTA online.

Hey, theres a guy over there.
*rocket launcher fires*
Yay, he's dead. Oh, shit, a  dude over there with dual tek9's.
*dies*
*spawns*
Hey, lets find that dude and blow him up.
*run over by police car*
*spawns again*
*run over again by oponent on bicycle*
*spawns*
Ok, lets get into a building.
*plane crashes into building entrance and player dies*
*spawns*
K I'm gonna get my jetpack on.
*jetpack equipped*
Ha ha ha, die ants!
*fires away blindshots at an online opponent who is walking around aimlessly looking for someone to kill in a different city*
*sniped down by a camper who no one can get to because he is standing atop a skyscraper with one acessible doorway*
*spawns*
Hey, I'm in the desert now? Well, lets get into a vehicle and find where the 'action' is.
Hmm, theres no cars here on this county road. I'll just sprint to the city.
*10 minutes pass*
*city comes into focus*
*walks into city from a highway entrance*
*running along highway street*
Hey, there are two guys shooting eachother 5 inches away from eachother. Now they are both dead. That was fast and pointless. This is fun!
*takes rocket launcher from corpse*
Lets get into that airplane!
*gets into airplane and flies into the sky*
Wow, there is absolutely nothing to do up here. This is so cool. Let's crash down hoping to kill one of the online opponents who are in this pointlessly awesomely huge state.
*crashes*
Darn, no luck there. I only got 5 random npcs who were drinking beer and smoking smack. Now I have a 2 star wanted level.
*spawns in a building*
Ok, now where the fug am I now? Oh crap, it's a police station! I have my 2 star wanted level!
*exits repetitive building interior while flinching from the bullets*
Wow there is a guy standing there running around looking for someone to kill. Let's snipe him in a sweet fashion!
*snipes player on the shoulder 15 times within 1.622^0.12 seconds*
*Player turns around.
Holy shoot, he's still alive and changing his guns rapidly. He's gonna get his rocket launcher I bet!!
I better run for cover behind that car.
*car explodes from rocket launcher blast*
Yay I'm still alive. Lets auto-lock onto him with my desert eagle and shoot him.
*rocket launcher opponent gets run over by a motorcycle*
Hey, who's that random dude on the bike? Is he an NPC or an actual online player?
*fires desert eagle at motorcycle dude with R2 lock on*
No luck, this gun has a bad accuracy radius and I can't auto lock on people who are more than 10 feet away from me. Why don't I attept to aim at him with L1! that should be fugging kickin'.
*run over by a garbage truck*
WTF! That was so not fair and fucking so action packed!! I was ready to pop a cap in his arse! Let's get back at him and make him regret that!
*spawns in ghetto hood*
Are any of these gangsters online opponents or npc's? Let's walk up to one of them and press d-Up to communicate with one of them by saying "my guns are bigga than yo's bitch".
*Killed by gangbang*
Oops, I was in the wrong 'hood'. I forgot this was the 1980's.
*spawns in same street*
Oh shoot, I'm gonna die!
*attempt to fire submachine gun at gangsters, but player can't move while firing smg, so player dies*
Dangnabbit! stupid smg! I forgot my player cant move while holding an automatic weapon which you hold with 2 hands.
*spawns in small town outside of the 67th city*
Hey, lets kill people here. Oh, wait, I am online. I should be randomly killing other people. It almost felt like I wasn't online! This is so nex-gen and hella entertaining!
*gets into a car and drives towards one of the cities*
Finds an online opponent walking the streets with an M4.
*He says "Yo, I'm roleplaying as an NPC. I'm walking to the grocery store over there and I'm gonna pretend like I'm buying grocerys, but then i'm gonna rob the place and eat the food at one of my 6 houses so I can raise my health! I'm so cool. Don't Kill me! Go kill someone else!"* The opponent says.
Wow, that looks like hella fun! "Can I join you? I'll bring a van!!!"
*"Opponent replies "No, Bitch. I told you to leave me alone! I'm gonna shoot you now!"*
Oh no! Let's switch to my bestest gun, my grenade launcher!
*mowed down by opponent's M4*
That was awesome! I talked with an online opponent! Let's get into a boat and caress the water with my uber watercraft skills!
*gets into fishing boat*
Wow, this is leet! Now I can roleplay as a fisherman! Let's pretend like I'm fishing.
*stands by side of boat*
OOH! I got a bite!
*wiggles joystick*
Yay, a catch!
*gets off of boat and back onto land*
MMM, I'm hungry, let's get into a food store.
*Get's into the "Our Sausages are bigger than yours!" restaurant*
Oh, what a witty food-servicing-company name. I feel so naughty and hoodlum-ishly bitchin'.
*gets blown up by a grenade because an online opponent had the store under his hood's turf control*
Wow, I had like .675^.8 seconds to respond to that! This game is so full of awesum 'mmo' gameplay! It almost feels like I'm in a real city with real stuff to do as a smack-talking gang-star!
*round over*

I bet no one read that.
What thread am I in again?  :ph34r:  :blink:

This post has been edited by Carlo210: Oct 29 2005, 07:24 PM

Deftech

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

paypal me $20.00 and I'll read it  :P

gaz_dennis

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

haha i read quite a bit of that. :D good post....i think.it would be chaos if they used the same kinda gameplay they use now.but these guys get paid to come up with new ideas,push the boundaries of games.i just think it would be awesome if they could get it to work!! :beer:

Carlo210

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

I'm roleplaying as an NPC. I'm walking to the grocery store over there and I'm gonna pretend like I'm buying grocerys, but then i'm gonna rob the place and eat the food at one of my 6 houses so I can raise my health! I'm so cool.

Now I can roleplay as a fisherman! Let's pretend like I'm fishing.
*stands by side of boat*
OOH! I got a bite!
*wiggles joystick*
Yay, a catch!

I loved writing those parts.
It's funny because it's true!

This post has been edited by Carlo210: Oct 29 2005, 07:32 PM

gaz_dennis

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Oct 29 2005, 08:33 PM)
I loved writing those parts.
It's funny because it's true!

:lol: quality,id not read that far

ps.uve killed of ne hopes i had for gta 4

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

Ironically that describes my multitheftauto experience perfectly. (vice city multiplayer online mod whihc btw is just like what he described and incredibly fun)

Personally I like the idea of randomly blowing up people and stuff, Joint Ops was a personal favorite of mine as I loved to drop Humvees from helicopters passing over enemy bases. (sometimes I'd ride down with them lol)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

Wow. That's kinda cool that I got it ded-on since I've never played GTA online.
Anyways, I was just trying to visualize what the experience might be like if Gta went mmo.

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

well let me give you a couple of scenarios that i have actually experienced

*I just spawned as was walking down the main boulevard near the seaport when  I hear noise, look behind me and a police car with two cops as flying down the street, I manage to jump out the way as the swerve to hit me and they keep driving as fast as possible. I then start to catch after them when two motorcycles with 2 riders each zoom past me on either side apparently chasing the cops in their own cop car.

*later I see someone in a cheetah car being chased by an apache copter as it zooms inches of the ground after it firing missles as it goes.

*while near the bank i believe the apache is hovering near it and blowing up any and everything that comes near the bank. dozens of car carcasses are littering the area and as peaople die and respawn, they grab the nearest vehicle and basically add to the tire fire, up until someone fiures out how to send a flaming car off some ramp directly into the apache and causing it to basically exploded.

*yet another time about 5 of us are battling in front of and inside a store so while some guys are ducking in and out of the store someone get the bright idea to drive a sports bike right into the store, so you basically see him wheelin around inside the store causing havoc until someone finally kills him. This gave me an idea, while the conmmotion is going on I grab a car, crash it in front of the only entrance and lob a grenade into the store.

basically between being run over by rampaging ice cream trucks and the kamakazie copter drives its and absolute blast. The airport is especially crazy as it reminds me of the first level in twisted metal 2.

jizmo

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 29 2005, 08:44 PM)
crumbled? seriously? whats less than promised? Unless your entire launch revolved around Saints Row, nothings really changed.

Yeah, go ahead and belittle my games of choise, which I've picked and waited for the last five months ever since games were announced :grr:

Ghost Recon was on top of my list, along with Saints Row and I don't give a rats ass if they don't mean anything to you. Now I have to change both to titles that I didn't want as much and I'm not happy at all with that. If they'd announced it in time that the game doesn't make it to launch, I wouldn't mind so much, but sheesh, three weeks before the launch, that's what bugs me.

In the end my sympathy is still with the developers though. MS set some unreasonable deadlines for the games and they are doing their best so that x360 launch doesn't turn into crapfest. It's still a good launch when compared to other consoles in the past, but to me all the really good and polished second wave titles come out in spring, so that's more like the real launch to me, then.

This post has been edited by jizmo: Oct 30 2005, 10:47 AM

• Archived User
Thq
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 05:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Oct 29 2005, 12:15 PM)
I bet no one read that.
What thread am I in again?  :ph34r:  :blink:

:rotfl:  

i read all that,.. like mike said it's spot on

:beer: