xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tony Hawk: American Wasteland  (Read 2114 times)

dipper

• Archived User
Tony Hawk: American Wasteland
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005, 12:40:00 AM »

I am looking forward to it but i am wondering what will be new this time around
does anyone know?

what will be different from the many other titles that have alredy been released.

corridon

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2005, 01:30:00 AM »

Well they're incorporating the Dave Mirra engine into it so it's like both the THPS series and the Dave MIrra series combined.  You can do all teh normal underground stuff probably and this time it's just one giant level so there's no load times.

And it's also on XBOX LIVE.

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(corridon @ Jun 7 2005, 01:41 AM)
Well they're incorporating the Dave Mirra engine into it so it's like both the THPS series and the Dave MIrra series combined.  You can do all teh normal underground stuff probably and this time it's just one giant level so there's no load times.

tNCecil

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

I think Acclaim made Dave Mirra, which we all know how they turned out. One NR Reader and one SNES from acclaim sitting on my shelf, so...

Juancster

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

The School is by far one of the best levels in Tony Hawk. Yet I also noticed that Wasteland looked like it was current gen. It better get alot better by launch time if they want to atleast spark my interest for it.

themadman123

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »

the reason it looks current gen is because it is. It is being released on xbox and PS2 and Gamecube plus xbox360, which pisses me off, if they are gonna make games on both platforms they are developing for the current gen systems in mind, and then just putting a little more "hi-res" textures in there for the 360.....They are sacrificing it so they can make more money and are just pinching every penny out of the current gen systems.

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(themadman123 @ Jun 18 2005, 02:05 AM)
the reason it looks current gen is because it is. It is being released on xbox and PS2 and Gamecube plus xbox360, which pisses me off, if they are gonna make games on both platforms they are developing for the current gen systems in mind, and then just putting a little more "hi-res" textures in there for the 360.....They are sacrificing it so they can make more money and are just pinching every penny out of the current gen systems.

HaloFool90

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

I actually don't like the way the Tony Hawk series is going with Underground and American Wasteland. I (like many other people i guess) prefer the old games. I know I still bust out my N64 to play the original Tony hawk every so often.

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(HaloFool90 @ Jun 20 2005, 04:50 PM)
I actually don't like the way the Tony Hawk series is going with Underground and American Wasteland. I (like many other people i guess) prefer the old games. I know I still bust out my N64 to play the original Tony hawk every so often.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

right on!
Pages: 1 2 [3]