xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tony Hawk: American Wasteland  (Read 2180 times)

metalhead212

• Archived User
Tony Hawk: American Wasteland
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 02:11:00 AM »

I stoped getting excited over a tony hawk after three came out. Yes four was good, it just starting bluring together. Same stuff differant level. THUG didn't really do much for me either. After this game come out they should kill the franchise, uless they can come up with more AWSOME moves like the sticker move from THUG 2....wow sad.gif

themadman123

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

I think Tony Hawk 1 was the best, I liked number 2 only becuase it came with the new manual move, if manuals were allowed in the first, it would have been perfect, I remember spending days during the summer playing the demo before the game was released.....Best Summer Ever!

Swedish Rebel

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

whats the deal with the new tong hawk....i heard (cant remember where) that it was a massive multi-player game. One big world with no loading and all theses people would play together

akarnid

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »

Yeah. I'd say I'm pretty hyped for this game, being an old TH fanatic since the first game.  Although I hope it won't lose the tight gameplay by having 1 big ass level.  I haven't played THUG 2, but I liked THUG 1 for the crazy levels and the tasks that were set up for you, like the helicopter jump in Hawaii.  The story was meh, but since when can you craft an intricate, kick ass story about skateboarding?  Not the most intellectual ballpark in the land, but a source of constant, addicting gameplay.  

I daresay that I haven't been as addicted to a computer game since Tetris, when I played THPS2(for me the highlight of the series).  The school level so totally rocked, I actually bought that game twice, once for the PS and finished it and then again for the DC.  And of course finished that as well smile.gif

SkateorDie

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(themadman123 @ Jun 4 2005, 09:14 PM)
I remember spending days during the summer playing the demo before the game was released.....Best Summer Ever!

hb2k

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »

i own everysingle THPS game to date. i love all of them except THUG2. i quit playing that when i was riding this fucked up mechanical bull. i mean WTF is that grr.gif i do agree that THPS4 online with the ps2 was one of the greatest games ever. (i dont care if i get flamed but, i think the ps2 controller was practically made for that game! with the four shoulder buttons and all.)  i hope this one is much better and goes back to its roots. and BTW the hands down best level in all THPS games ever made has to be School maimi from THPS1.  biggrin.gif

towelie1098

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

the video we see of american wasteland is a ps2 build! mad.gif
btw: pop.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(towelie1098 @ Jun 5 2005, 08:40 PM)
the video we see of american wasteland is a ps2 build! mad.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 5 2005, 06:29 PM)
yeah no doubt they're building the PS2 version first (biggest sales/most difficult) and just kind of porting it elsewhere.

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(hb2k @ Jun 5 2005, 06:02 PM)
i own everysingle THPS game to date. i love all of them except THUG2. i quit playing that when i was riding this fucked up mechanical bull. i mean WTF is that grr.gif i do agree that THPS4 online with the ps2 was one of the greatest games ever. (i dont care if i get flamed but, i think the ps2 controller was practically made for that game! with the four shoulder buttons and all.)  i hope this one is much better and goes back to its roots. and BTW the hands down best level in all THPS games ever made has to be School maimi from THPS1.  biggrin.gif

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

I think you're all going to like the new one... I can't really say any more... only a couple of months now until release.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

Lol cool I really liked all four thps, but underground really wasnt good, especially underground 2.

Plus, what ever happened to those bmx games? I never actually picked one of those n64 copies up, but a new actually decent one would be a pretty popular game.

themadman123

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

I thought Dave Mirra was awesome, The first one, with the ragdoll physics....Hours and hours of fun with that demo ( the actual game was really easy)

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Jun 6 2005, 03:48 PM)
Lol cool I really liked all four thps, but underground really wasnt good, especially underground 2.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(thebroken @ Jun 6 2005, 04:47 PM)
hmm i liked it
Pages: 1 [2] 3