xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Thc Need Original Ms Dash?  (Read 540 times)

guillelle

• Archived User
Does Thc Need Original Ms Dash?
« on: August 09, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

Hi all!

Somehow, i screwed up my original xboxdash.xbe (now its only 200K size), i guess that happened when i upgraded from xboxlive before i modded my xbox.

So now if i try to run the original m$ dash i got rebooted to original dashboard or i get error 14 or 21 when booting with chip disabled.

I just need to use thc (or m$ dash) once to turn widescreen and digital output sound on, thats why i wondering if thc could do the trick even having a corrupt m$ dash.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thx, and cheers for such a good / hard work.

PS. Of course, if anyone knows the way to change to DTS / Dolby output and widescreen vide mode not involving using this dashes, pls let me know too.

-- -- --
XBOX v 1.40 (i think)
XBIT 2.3 Evox 4981 bios
Unleash / Evox / XBMC, whatever comes first

bigga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

No you do not need the original M$ dash for it to work.  ThC releases modify all the original files, so they are normally supplied.  I doubt you'll find it at 'the usual place' though, as actual modded M$ files are supplied with it

This post has been edited by bigga on Aug 9 2004, 05:32 PM

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

You can use thc for this but besides the files that come with thc you also need the fonts and audio folders from msdash to get it to boot.  You shouldn't  need your chip off to change settings in msdash.