xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fatal Frame... The Movie  (Read 930 times)

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
Fatal Frame... The Movie
« on: October 20, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

I'm a huge fan of the game, i can't wait to play the second one.. but even better (i hope it aint just a rumor) is what IGN says in their 'Games-2-Films Frenzy 2' article:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/556/5567....html?fromint=1

And I Quote, "Steven Spielberg is personally involved in shepherding the project."

OMG could this finally be a GOOD game to film flick?  I've always (like countless others) loved what Speilberg brings to any film he's involved in.

I Can't Wait for this film to be released.

There's also a few other notable game to film adaptations in development as you'll read over at IGN.  Take a look, I'm sure there's a couple of flicks that u'll wanna check out.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Fatal Frame... The Movie
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

love the game, hate spielberg... i have mixed feelings about this movie... could very easily be crap... if they do make it, it had better have one hell of a creepy/unnerving feeling to it, not just a movie fully of 'gremlin'* scares...

*the kind of movie where nothing is actually scary, but stuff is constantly jumping out at the screen... best example = gremlins... ;)

DreamWeb

• Archived User
Fatal Frame... The Movie
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

Hate Spielberg?  How can anyone hate Spielberg?  Even if you don't necessarily like the subject matter of his movies, you can't deny that he's a master of his craft...

Anyhow...

Gremlins was a horror/comedy.  You don't need to worry about Fatal Frame having many comedic moments.

d.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Fatal Frame... The Movie
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »

ok that mightve come out wrong, i dont hate the guy personally, i just dont like about 95% of his movies...  ;)

EnigmusSnake

• Archived User
Fatal Frame... The Movie
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »

One reason that I wouldn't like Spielberg to head this project is the fact that he'd try for a PG-13 rating instead of the R rating that the plots of the 2 Fatal Frame games typically incite. I don't think I've ever watched an R rated movie of his. NOt that it's bad or anything for a PG-13 rating, but it would more than likely limit the full effect of the storylines/background of the games. Plus he'd more than likely tailor it to an American audience and possibly remove the Japanese era setting/background to it and replace it with a more modern American setting.

Ronnie

• Archived User
Fatal Frame... The Movie
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »

Plus he'd more than likely tailor it to an American audience and possibly remove the Japanese era setting/background to it and replace it with a more modern American setting.

yeah so what?Why wouldnt he?Americans pay to see movies more than anyone else.
So instead of some bitch taking pictures of ghosts in japan she does it in america.

Wait now that I say that I can see how it would totally ruin the whole movie...
 ;) yeah right!