xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Shaun Of The Dead  (Read 1179 times)

sulfur

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

just got back from seeing a very special screening of shaun of the Dead, hmm what to say, other than this is one of the best movies i've seen this year, it a romatic comedy with zombies, its got everything jokes, zomibes, love, zombies, zombies.

what made this screening like no other was the fact that after the movie was over "shaun" and "eddie" and director where they to take questions about it. although i didn't ask any questions i did have a few. i've herd rumors that since George Romero liked this movie so much, that he is going to give them a camero in "Land of the Dead"

yea this is a crapy review but this movie was very good, i'm too tired to make this all right proper, just wanted to make this post so if people see this movie and wonder if its great or not it is. i'll fix this all up in a couple of hours after i get some sleep.

itsame

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 07:20:00 AM »

I saw this movie a while back and it was great. Is it getting released in the states?

sulfur

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

yes sept 24

CommunistsforKerry2004

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (sulfur @ Sep 3 2004, 01:31 PM)
just got back from seeing a very special screening of shaun of the Dead

As you know comrade, piracy is not welcome here, however we can change that if Commissar Kerry gets elected. Join us Comrade!

nemt

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

The special low bitrate mpeg screening?

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (CommunistsforKerry2004 @ Sep 3 2004, 11:19 AM)
As you know comrade, piracy is not welcome here, however we can change that if Commissar Kerry gets elected. Join us Comrade!

Yes, he watched a Pirated Copy of the movie and then sat down with the Director and two main characters and discussed it.  That is what a lot of people are doing.  Read the WHOLE THREAD before you reply.  I get special screening invites all the time as I have family in the movie industry.  

Here is his quote

what made this screening like no other was the fact that after the movie was over "shaun" and "eddie" and director where they to take questions about it. although i didn't ask any questions i did have a few

Read next time dummy

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ Sep 3 2004, 06:07 PM)
Yes, he watched a Pirated Copy of the movie and then sat down with the Director and two main characters and discussed it.  That is what a lot of people are doing.  Read the WHOLE THREAD before you reply.  I get special screening invites all the time as I have family in the movie industry. 

Here is his quote

Read next time dummy

Isn't it amazing how such a minor detail could make his story that much more believable. :rolleyes:

sulfur

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

ah, i'm tired of F*cking newbies calling me a pirate, when if they would read any of these threads here, they would know, that i go to alot of screenings, and i see then up to a month ahead of time, just because the movie is not in your town, or you see it listed on some warez site, you automaticly think that i "download" it and made up a whole story about them (director and two actors) being there. ah. too angry to type anymore.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »

he could just be pretending to be angry to 'prove' he saw a screening... well we're not buying it...  <_<

just kidding sulfur...  ;)

Raver758

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Sep 4 2004, 05:59 AM)
he could just be pretending to be angry to 'prove' he saw a screening... well we're not buying it...  <_<

just kidding sulfur...  ;)

:lol:

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 02:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (sulfur @ Sep 4 2004, 04:28 AM)
ah, i'm tired of F*cking newbies calling me a pirate, when if they would read any of these threads here, they would know, that i go to alot of screenings, and i see then up to a month ahead of time, just because the movie is not in your town, or you see it listed on some warez site, you automaticly think that i "download" it and made up a whole story about them (director and two actors) being there. ah. too angry to type anymore.

:rotfl: Whatever dude.

Raver758

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2004, 04:35:00 AM »

Yea I saw the "screening" :lol:  too. Ending was pretty funny about what happend with "the rest"

Raver758

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

yes this screening!! :lol:

sulfur

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

Dan Wysocki

• Archived User
Shaun Of The Dead
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

This film came out in the UK a long while ago...It is the best film I have ever seen, I love it so much... :luv:
 :beer:
hope you guys enjoy it as much