xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Resident Evil  (Read 1059 times)

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« on: September 12, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

Ok im not gonna spoil the movie for you guys but I enjoyed it I hope to be seeing it again tonight with my girlfriend and some buddy's mine. I seen it on Friday and was amazed hopefully tonight ill see it again. I really enjoyed it, Nemesis looked badass, he was fucking huge just like in RE3.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

Damn, thats cool. I've seen part one and new then and there was gona be a part two. I wonder if there is gona be a part three. <<<<" thats not a question and please don't say"

nuggets

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »

23 million in three days,  what do u think

sulfur

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 05:24:00 AM »

bah, i'm not too excited about this film (we are talking about part two right?) from the newer previews it looks kinda cheesy. I was excited about this film back about a year ago, when it had the good preview that didn't give away anything.  now i gonna try to keep an open mind when i see it, but i'm really not expecting that much out of it.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »

and you shouldnt sulfur... just saw it... not good... bad...  ;)

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Sep 14 2004, 02:35 AM)
and you shouldnt sulfur... just saw it... not good... bad...  ;)

I loved it. It's not nescassirly based off the game entirely. Since they of course skipped a chapter. Im just saying though I liked it. But, I have been a RE fan from the begining I have read and have all the books, etc..

cainedna

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

I don't think they skipped a chapter, the whole thing is only loosely based on the original games.
I saw the sequel, and enjoyed it... but it didn't blow my mind. The first one didn't either... I liked the semi-crappy sci-fi a lot more than the zombies though. They didn't do anything new or interesting there.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (cainedna @ Sep 14 2004, 11:39 PM)
I don't think they skipped a chapter, the whole thing is only loosely based on the original games.
I saw the sequel, and enjoyed it... but it didn't blow my mind. The first one didn't either... I liked the semi-crappy sci-fi a lot more than the zombies though. They didn't do anything new or interesting there.

The movie itself is based off the game correct, but everything is changed around Nemesis was supposed to be part 3 not 2. Jiill should have been fighting nemesis not current chick. And ton's of other shit I can think of. And the fact of the matter, the creator of the movie never even played the game he just made the movies from reviews and such.

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (AnThRaX @ Sep 15 2004, 02:38 AM)
The movie itself is based off the game correct, but everything is changed around Nemesis was supposed to be part 3 not 2. Jiill should have been fighting nemesis not current chick. And ton's of other shit I can think of. And the fact of the matter, the creator of the movie never even played the game he just made the movies from reviews and such.

based off reviews?  the movies would be horrible if they were based 100% on the games.  They base it loosely off the game so that it has enough to entertain the gamer without repeating what was seen in the game while also giving enough to all those who have not played the game.

Every movie based on video games and comic books are loosly based.  Yes they would make the average gamer and comic guy happy but the mainstream movie-goping public would be lost in the story and unompressed.  

I liked the movie.  No it wasn't an oscar movie but it was entertaining enough for me.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

If you watch the Special Edition of Resident Evil, it's mentioned that they didn't want to completely follow the story layed out so far. Instead they went with a "parallel" story (for a lack of a better term) that falls into the general lore of RE but doesn't follow the game to keep at least some suspense in the story (you knew the general idea of what was going to happen if you played the games, but you still watched for the details).

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »

the movie was infact awsome. although at the end when she did that "one thing" to the security guy was just weird. that was to far fetched. when you go from RE to something like SciOPS.

damn that black guy was funny.

i wish they would have briefly did some story on RE 1 and 2 the game. re 1 the movie really had nothing to do with the games past the same named characters. and the fact that there wer zombies and dogs and a liqer.

that was another major draw back there was only 1 like 9 min part with liqers. (no clue how there name is really spelled) I wanted to see some completely rip some dudes head off.

why did "he" have to die..that was bull. reminds me of the exorcist the begining, "God is not here today, preist"

still an awsome movie. still would think someone would have been like hey blah im on my celland umbrella is doing this this and this. and the military would have been like inbound missle over raccoon city on radar.

esc1

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

Regarding "damn the black man was funny" I think this is a completely wrong stereotype of a black man being portrayed in far too many movies.  I'm getting sick of it.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Resident Evil
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

plus, he wasnt funny...