xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Grandma's Guide To Installing Uix  (Read 1708 times)

gasclown

• Archived User
Grandma's Guide To Installing Uix
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »

this is soooo offtopic lol. you wont have much luck converting a lite or orig preset to uix unless you know exaclty what the materials do -but you could just use the purple preset from uix....

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »

I allready knew that gas, but thx anyway

it worked out for the most part, just some materials really pissed me off, like being blue, or red, i gave up... "Snakes, natures quitters"

jjjjlong

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

Thank you! Finally Now I can do that to my box!! Gee i was a total noob  i thought i was just supposed to take em contents and overwrite the MSDash with them!!!  laugh.gif  Gee now I know I wasn't!!  Ahh looking good!! Thanks!!  beerchug.gif

Jaxter

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »

Ummm surely if you have an auto installer like Krayzie's u could just replace the files in the dashboard folder to make it ur default dash.

MenaceOfMen

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

Man I TOTALLY wish that someone would make an auto-installer for noobs like me. I want the dash but dont want to screw it up and lose everything I have on my evox dash lol. I got a 160 gig hd in it with maybe 15 games and a ton of apps and skins and stuff. I know to back everything up on my pc but still. If I make a permanent mistake it'll suck. Also I dont feel like taking 3 days off just to learn how to install it...

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

its really not that hard - get all the files relating to the dash, drop em on c renaming uix.xbe to what yr bios boots (i garantee it'll boot "evoxdash.xbe" if youve never edited it).

MartyMcFly

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

Ummm.I dont know about that.  I tried to rename the UIX.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and put it on my C drive with my other dashboards(and the rest fo the UIX files) and next time I booted the xbox I it got to the x logo and rebooted itself over and over again.  No matter what bios I was using...Good thing my slayers boot disk still loaded or I woulda been crying...

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

ummmmm, i do know about that... i know it very well. the only reason it would reboot constantly is if there are files missing.  if you followed the tute on the first page what yr saying is impossible.
Pages: 1 [2]