xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uix Using Uxe 61 Or 71 Softmod  (Read 726 times)

iammnm

• Archived User
Uix Using Uxe 61 Or 71 Softmod
« on: January 16, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

if you are already running the UXE exploit, go into the C drive, fonts folder, then the dashboard folder.  In the dashboard folder, delete everything in there, yes, everything. replace those evox files with the uix.xbe and the folder "user.interface.x.dash"  once that is done, go into the folder "user.interface.x.dash" and in the fonts folder, place  the fonts from UIX and in the audio folder, the audio from the UIX distribution.  Now that you have everything setup, change the name of the file "uix.xbe" to "default.xbe"  the reason for changing the file name of the xbe is because the uxe softmod is looking for that filename and if you change it to anything else, it will not work, so the xbe has to be named default.xbe.  i hope this tutorial helps out all those who had the same problem i had with getting it to work.   This dashboard freaking owns!  Good Luck

beeny

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

iv'e done everything you said but i get a error 21.but  if i launch the default.xbe in the dashboards folder with boxplrer it works. if i change it back to evox evox will load but not uix any idea's

TIA

This post has been edited by beeny: Jan 18 2005, 06:00 PM

iammnm

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's worked on all the boxes i've done so far, except for one, that that was one that was purchased yesterday.  so i don't know if they've done something to new boxes or what.  but  also, i forgot to mention that i've gotten the updated uxe cause there is a version 1 and a version 2 i just got the newest one.  double check, triple check that you've put everything where it should go and don't change anything else, it should work.  good luck if that's not it, then let me know everything else aobut your mod and how you did it, and i'll see how else i can help :)

beeny

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »

This is an old V1.0 xbox  with a pcbioxx i hold the eject button down to load the normal m$ bios , i have everything in the right place(i think) the evox dash boots and the uix dash will  boot if launched from boxplorer but not if i run the exploit  error (21)  my C drive looks like this

C:/Audio
C:/f0nts
C:/fonts
C:/fonts/bert and ernie
C:/fonts/nk/nkpatcher.xbe
C:/fonts/nk/apps......
C:/fonts/Dashboard/user.interface.x.dash
C;/fonts/Dashboard/default.xbe (tried both xbe's).
C:/xboxdash.xbe

uix has the audio and fonts in there folders

i also got

C:./user.interface.x.dash
C:/evoxdash.xbe (uix renamed)

for when i boot with power button (x2 4983.06)

which works fine  

its probably something starring me in the face but i just cant see it

iammnm

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 01:10:00 AM »

it looks like you said you had two fonts folders in your C: i only have one, on the root of my C: i have only fonts and  xboxdash.xbe that may be why.....??

nsspeak

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

I got it to work, although I didn't need this tutorial.  I DID need to see this tutorial to make me even know WTF uix was though.  EXACTLY what a softmodder needs.  my friend is gonna thank me since he now has soundtrack access and memory access.  getting msdash to work on a softmod is a bigger, fatter bitch than soldering a chip in.

:beer:

iammnm

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »

smile.gif  good luck to everyone else trying to get this thing to work.

Altimit

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

Didn't work for me. I can't get it to run as a secondary app either. Every other dashboard I've ever tried works fine but the one that looks like it actually has what I need refuses to start.