xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Running Uix As Your Primary Dashboard  (Read 1367 times)

xomp

• Archived User
Running Uix As Your Primary Dashboard
« on: January 03, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

Well, I have been officially running UIX (User Interface X Dash) now for 6 hours with no apparent problems of any kind (Great job guys) on my softmodded v1.5 xbox and have noticed a lot of people have been asking the question “Is it possible?” on IRC and I’m here to tell you it is, not only will I tell you but I’ll show you (Screenshots Included).

First thing’s first, I have no idea as to which/what exploit my xbox used for softmodding (done it long ago) and hope that someone could shed some light on which it is exactly by reading the descriptions in this thread (Please PM me if you do know so I can edit this thread accordingly).

With that being said let’s start, shall we?

1.) Download both “01.03.05.user.interface.x.dash.rar & 01.03.05.user.interface.x.dash.audio.&.fonts.rar” from the “usual place”
2.) Create a folder on your “C:\” drive named “UIX”, Extract both of the rar’s into “C:\UIX” (should look like Fig. 1-0).

Fig. 1-0
(IMG:http://www.conley-family.com/xbtuts/pics/step1.gif)

3.) Now fire up FlashFXP and connect to your xbox, and browse to “C:\fonts” on your xbox’s hard drive. (should look like Fig. 1-1).

Fig. 1-1
(IMG:http://www.conley-family.com/xbtuts/pics/step2.gif)

4.) Now simply browse to “C:\UIX\01.03.05.user.interface.x.dash” on the left pane window of FlashFXP and select the folder there named “user.interface.x.dash” and then SHIFT+CLICK on “uix.xbe” then Right-Click and select “Transfer” or “CTRL+T” to start sending the first half of the files we need. (should look like Fig. 1-2).

Fig. 1-2
(IMG:http://www.conley-family.com/xbtuts/pics/step3.gif)

5.) Once all the files have been transferred from your PC’s hard drive to your xbox’s hard drive we can then proceed to transferring the “contents” (which are the audio & fonts folder only) of “C:\UIX\01.03.05.user.interface.x.dash.audio.&.fonts\user.interface.x.dash” to this directory on the xbox “C:\fonts\user.interface.x.dash\” (should look like Fig. 1-3)

Fig. 1-3
(IMG:http://www.conley-family.com/xbtuts/pics/step4.gif)

6.) Now lets go back a few directories on our xbox’s hard drive to C:\fonts and rename “uix.xbe” to (in my case not in everyone’s case as different exploits us different filenames for the hacked dashboard, which so happens to have been UnleashX on mine as the xboxhdm disc I used had this as it’s default dashboard) “ux.xbe” (should look like Fig. 1-4).

Fig. 1-4
(IMG:http://www.conley-family.com/xbtuts/pics/step5.gif)

7.) Reboot your xbox and enjoy this wonderfull dashboard that is UIX :luv: <

jsrlepage

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

dude...

Presently, I am running under UXE updatefonts71 softmod and the dash worked out of the box for me. Uploaded all the files to C:, rename uix.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and all is well.

BIOS : 4983.06 or M8. <

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(jsrlepage @ Jan 3 2005, 10:18 PM)
dude...

Presently, I am running under UXE updatefonts71 softmod and the dash worked out of the box for me. Uploaded all the files to C:, rename uix.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and all is well.

BIOS : 4983.06 or M8.

dude...
Like the tutorial says
"First thing’s first, I have no idea as to which/what exploit my xbox used for softmodding (done it long ago)"
and what works for you might not work for others (as I have 20 people or more every hour asking what to do as there softmodded xbox are exactly like mine) to get UIX as there primary dash. I'm glad to hear that you have a different release or version if you will of the softmods and were only required to throw everything in C:\ and rename them accordingly but that's not what this tut is about. <

L3G10N

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

As jsrlepage, i'm running the same Exploit on my 1.6
and my bros are running the same exploit on his 1.4

Bot of us are running the UIX as primary dashboard and did exactly the same thins as jsrlepage did. <

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(L3G10N @ Jan 6 2005, 08:35 PM)
As jsrlepage, i'm running the same Exploit on my 1.6
and my bros are running the same exploit on his 1.4

Bot of us are running the UIX as primary dashboard and did exactly the same thins as jsrlepage did.

Guys, if you have used other methods to do this and were successful great, but there are some that have to use this method in order for it to work so.. with that being said, I CAN CARE LESS HOW YOU DID IT!!! Stop with the trolling and learn how to spell for crying out loud!! This is not an AOL Support forum!

Is it too much to ask that if this does not apply to you or hasn't worked for you to just STFU and move on?!?! Why must every trolling ass flamer post there ignorance here? <

Sire

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »

Xomp your an idiot writing a tutorial and not knowing which soft-mod method you used.  Then getting aggrevated when ppl post saying that it doesn't work for them.  If you don't like it don't post a tutorial, for users to post that it works or they used another method they happen to know which soft-mod method they used and this information will help others like me getting the UIX dashboard working.

Your an idiot for posting a tutorial and not taking others failure into consideration. <

Piracy the Clown

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »

Ah yes my favorite place on Earth going to Shit smile.gif

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sire @ Jan 10 2005, 08:57 PM)
Xomp your an idiot writing a tutorial and not knowing which soft-mod method you used.  Then getting aggrevated when ppl post saying that it doesn't work for them.  If you don't like it don't post a tutorial, for users to post that it works or they used another method they happen to know which soft-mod method they used and this information will help others like me getting the UIX dashboard working.

Your an idiot for posting a tutorial and not taking others failure into consideration.

So my lack of knowledge on which exploit I used at the time (which was many moons ago) makes me an idiot correct? Also, were on this forum does anyone state that this did not work for them hmm? Nowhere from what I can see, but instead the thread gets alot of trolling homosexuals such as yourself that just want to pop in and say "Hey d00d i r teh got softmod to work this other way" which IMHO is counter productive. like I have stated before.. I CAN CARE LESS HOW YOU DID IT, is that so hard to understand? Apparently it is because this thread is getting filled by retards such as yourself who have nothing better to do than post ignorance and have never bothered to give back to the community by creating tutorials but are quick to judge me simply because I can't remember which exploit the softmod package I used long ago on my xbox at the time of writing this tutorial (The softmod was actually UDE2 using Team O2X's softmod guide that can be viewed here: Team O2X's Softmod Guide). So do use all favor and stfu  B)

This post has been edited by xomp: Jan 15 2005, 06:24 AM <

LupusObscurus

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

Wow...  xomp is a real intellectual! "learn how to spell for crying out loud".  Stay awake in class, and stop being so touchy.  People are just trying to add their two cents.

Quotes:
“Also, were (I think you meant ‘where’) on this forum does anyone state…”  “asking what to do as there (I think you meant ‘their’) softmodded xbox are exactly like mine…”

Before you start firing off words like ‘retard’ and ‘ignorant’ you might want to reconsider your own words.

Oh, and I think you mean “I COULDN’T CARE LESS HOW YOU DID IT”, not “I CAN CARE LESS HOW YOU DID IT” – think about it.
 <

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

Xomp, your excellence....

shut the hell up.

I've been a member of this forum for a while and you are the biggest dick of all.

The guy above posted about a way to make it work if you had a chip rather than a softmod and you flamed him for it...

you sir... are an ass hole.

The problem is you think your so damn smart you can right a tutorial for it... guess what.. although that tutorial will work for somepeople with softmods it will not work for most people... JEEZ!

This whole topic should be deleted and you banned.

BTW: Don't bother responding to this cause I and everyone else can see that you are an ignorant ass hole so I don't give a fat fuck what you got to say to me.  laugh.gif

Wow. I can barely believe I bothered writing this. But you needed to be put in your place.

BTW: If you really want people saying it doesn't work I'd be happy to have 30 different people put it on their xboxes but the one I tried just for you here DIDN"T WORK!! AHAHAHA YOUR WRONG. Burn in hell asshole.

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(LupusObscurus @ Jan 18 2005, 04:46 PM)
Wow...  xomp is a real intellectual! "learn how to spell for crying out loud".  Stay awake in class, and stop being so touchy.  People are just trying to add their two cents.

Quotes:
“Also, were (I think you meant ‘where’) on this forum does anyone state…”  “asking what to do as there (I think you meant ‘their’) softmodded xbox are exactly like mine…”

Before you start firing off words like ‘retard’ and ‘ignorant’ you might want to reconsider your own words.

Oh, and I think you mean “I COULDN’T CARE LESS HOW YOU DID IT”, not “I CAN CARE LESS HOW YOU DID IT” – think about it.

Wow... LupusObscurus is an avid user of dictionary.com, glad I could get your "retard" and "ignorant" ass enough motivation to actually double check my spelling :)

If people want to add there "two cents" as you claim. Then I would suggest they start a thread of their own so they could do so instead of flamming this one like you and the other 15 year old closet homosexuals do.

This post has been edited by xomp: Jan 21 2005, 04:35 AM <

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(JimmyGoon @ Jan 18 2005, 05:18 PM)
Xomp, your excellence....

shut the hell up.

I've been a member of this forum for a while and you are the biggest dick of all.

The guy above posted about a way to make it work if you had a chip rather than a softmod and you flamed him for it...

you sir... are an ass hole.

The problem is you think your so damn smart you can right a tutorial for it... guess what.. although that tutorial will work for somepeople with softmods it will not work for most people... JEEZ!

This whole topic should be deleted and you banned.

BTW: Don't bother responding to this cause I and everyone else can see that you are an ignorant ass hole so I don't give a fat fuck what you got to say to me.  :lol:

Wow. I can barely believe I bothered writing this. But you needed to be put in your place.

BTW: If you really want people saying it doesn't work I'd be happy to have 30 different people put it on their xboxes but the one I tried just for you here DIDN"T WORK!! AHAHAHA YOUR WRONG. Burn in hell asshole.

Never knew I could "right" a tutorial  :boring: anyhoot, I can give two shits and a giggle at how long you have been "a member of the forum".  I know you were hoping I would own your pimple faced ass with your "BTW: Please don't bother responding as I know I'll get my ass owned so badly my momma will cry!! PLZ"  :boring: If this tutorial didn't work for you then you probably fat fingered something (like your mom for example) and fucked it up all by your little self. I agree with you however about this thread being deleted as it's full of little comments by little fucktards as yourself trying to get the better of me ahuahuahua, when will you ever learn? I bet you actually click those links to increase your penis size up to 20% in your emails don't yah?

If you can come up with a better flame than that please feel free to post back here boy, this thread is shit anyway  B) <

Khaak

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 05:24:00 AM »

xomp,

You started a thread about getting UIX to run as a primary dashboard on softmodded xbox's.  I'm glad you TRIED to help people out, but when someone posted how they got theirs working and what mod/bios/etc they were using, you kinda ruined the whole point.  You WANTED to help all those people on IRC asking how, but you only wanted your answer to be the only one for them.  What's wrong with someone saying how they got theirs working?  He didn't flame, he didn't criticize, he only said how he got his running.  Sorry you felt the urge to get all defensive about your hastily thrown together tutorial (but hey, you wanted to help people quick... that's awesome) but when you say others missed the point of this thread, I think it was you whom originally missed the point....

Helping others is about giving as much information as possible even if you aren't the one supplying it all.  Grow up, chill on the flaming (you did start it) and continue to help people out.  If there's over 20 people an hour (exaggerated... I think so) asking you for help then maybe understand that not every xbox is just like yours and sometimes the longest way isn't the best even if it does work.  If someone can use it "as-is" without going through the steps of your tutorial, then great, more power to em.  If they can't then your tutorial might be of some help....  So fuck it, let people post how they got theirs working, all they can do is aid others looking to do the same...

;)

This post has been edited by Khaak: Jan 21 2005, 01:27 PM <

LupusObscurus

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(xomp @ Jan 20 2005, 07:54 PM)
Wow... LupusObscurus is an avid user of dictionary.com, glad I could get your "retard" and "ignorant" ass enough motivation to actually double check my spelling :)

If people want to add there "two cents" as you claim. Then I would suggest they start a thread of their own so they could do so instead of flamming this one like you and the other 15 year old closet homosexuals do.

You must be at least 16 years old to have all of that knowledge in your skull!

Oh, and your spelling is just fine - it's your usage, and the fact that you KNOW you are correct, that really bother me.

Nobody likes a know-it-all.  Maybe when you realize this, you'll be able to get a friend or two. <

popley

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

im about to do this, but none of the pic's are showing up....... i dont really want to mess up this softmod by doing something wrong, so the fonts and audio files for uix should go first, C:\UIX\01.03.05.user.interface.x.dash.audio.&.fonts\user.interface.x.dash , so that the main foldedr for uix is after teh audio and fonts? <
Pages: [1] 2