xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flashed Spiderchip With X2 Pgmr, How Do I Know It  (Read 1858 times)

WiKDMoNKY

• Archived User
Flashed Spiderchip With X2 Pgmr, How Do I Know It
« on: December 17, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

I just got my x2 programmer today and hooked it up to my pc and the spiderchip.

I used ixia and it detected the chip (as an alladin, but I dont think it matters as long as it is a single 256k bank chip), so I dragged the M8plus_16.bin into the window and told it to write the bios to the chip. It went through its deal and said it was finished, so I unhooked the chip and put it back into the xbox (1.6b).

Before I flashed the chip, when it would boot up, it would just sit with a red light on the eject button. I am absolutely sure that the chip was seated/wired right, it just didnt have the right bios or any bios on it at all.

So the chip is flashed by x2 and now when it boots up it has a green light on the eject button and the chip and the switch light up blue, but no picture or audio.

Is there supposed to be some sort of animation when it boots up with the proper bios? Or is it blank until a dashboard is loaded?

If I got a cable to connect my x2 programmer to my spiderchip, could i leave the spderchip in my xbox and flash it from there? Its such a pain to put the chip back in and any less of a hassle would be welcomed.

I have spent 2 full days trying to make this damn thing work and any information would be greatly appreciated...

This post has been edited by WiKDMoNKY: Dec 18 2004, 03:14 AM

WiKDMoNKY

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

Oh, also the CD tray wont open when the chip is on but works fine when it is off.

This post has been edited by WiKDMoNKY: Dec 18 2004, 04:01 AM

WiKDMoNKY

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

Anyone?

superdss

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

am having the exact same problem. when i fiquer it out will let ya know. am trying several thing's

WiKDMoNKY

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

Sweet!

Someone else is out there!

Please keep me posted, when you find a solution...

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

Are you sure it flashed the chip ok?  Are you sure the install is ok? No bios or bios problems usually give FRAG not solid red light.
I would double check the installation.
What gave you the idea to flash the chip with the X2 programmer? If that really does flash the mod then a lot of people on here will be happy I guess cos every 2nd post in here is of someone stuffing the flash on the spider.

Dansken

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 01:31:00 AM »

The X2 programmer works whit the Spider chip, it has ben confirmed by a modstore here in Sweden, they also tried the Aladdin programmer and it works to.
I have posted this info a several times.

This post has been edited by Dansken: Dec 19 2004, 09:37 AM

WiKDMoNKY

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »

I used my x2 programmer on my spiderchip and flashed it with the M8+ and all I got was a black screen.

I posted in a forum and someone told me to try Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4 and it solved my black screen problems.

Burned slayer's 2.6 to a cd/rw and blammo it works perfect.

All in all the spider chip is a great little modchip, the only problem is that they advertised it to work with a 1.6b and it didnt (without the proper bios).

Now that I have a programmer, I can flash these chips all day long and chip xboxes.

It defintely was a long learning experience (this was my first xbox mod) and I hit every road block there was. Now I know all of the things to be aware of.

Ive taken my damn spiderchip out so many times that I can pop it back in there in under 5 min (all 5 wires).

So spread the word!!!!

SPiderchips do work with 1.6b's as long as you use Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4 bios (or a tested/comparable bios) and an external programmer.

Hope this helps everyone and I will be more than happy to help anyone out with any questions.

Thank you all for the help and advice (although sometimes not as fast as I would like it to be) this is a great community!

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

That hasto be good news for all these people with the spider chips and a bad flash then.

RamEy12

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

my x2 external programer sould be here tomorrow what version of metoo will i flash it with if i have a 1.6 xbox ty  biggrin.gif

EDIT: will i have to take it out since i had somuch trouble getting it in im scared taking it out ty

teo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

i got my x2 programmer today, however once i have connected the chip to the programmer and then connected it to the usb IXIA cannot detect the chip...

i have cromwell 3.2 on the chip and its for a sub 1.6 box, any idea on what it could be?    worse case senario ... have i fried the chip?   (the box still works)

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

once i have connected the chip to the programmer and then connected it to the usb

I know it sounds daft but you have connected it to the parallel port as well?

WiKDMoNKY

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

sorry, forgot to update this thread.

I got it all figured out and am working perfect...

Thanks for the help!

teo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2004, 04:27:00 AM »

lol no its not plugged into both...but im gonna attempt to use the parallel port as soon as i get a cable, apart from that can anyone suggest why it wouldnt be working and any solutions that i can use?

thanks

Celtic67

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2004, 05:02:00 AM »

Hi teo,

Unscrew the 2 little bolts either side of the parallel port on the programer, it'll connect direct to the parallel port on your PC.

The USB cable only provides power, nothing else. It isn't a data interface.

Other than that, if the programmer is like mine, it'll have a switch to say where the power is coming from. Make sure you set it to USB.
Pages: [1] 2