xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X Box Hard Drive Swap?  (Read 951 times)

zombie

• Archived User
X Box Hard Drive Swap?
« on: August 26, 2002, 05:23:00 PM »

Here's my problem,I have an x box with extender chip the other day
I was playing some rips in it and I started hearing a grinding noise from the
hard drive but it still worked so saturday I was playing a game and I noticed that it would load the game but sometimes the dashboard would
not come up,I thought maybe something was wrong with the hard drive
I hooked it up to my router and ran evo-x I just looked at the files to see
if the evo-x worked and also made a backup of the dashboard,so I was playing some games and then It stopped loading the game the hard drive was making all kinds of noise so I thought my harddrive was bad so I got another x box opened it up and switched hard drives but the other drive won't work in it ,is it possible to switch out hard drives or is there something that tells it if it's the right hard drive or not ?
I thought that since it was another x box drive it would work but for some reason it won't?                    

echto

• Archived User
X Box Hard Drive Swap?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 02:24:00 AM »

If you were going to change drives wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a $89 hard drive instead of dropping $199 for another xbox?  Yes, send me all your money.  biggrin.gif

zombie

• Archived User
X Box Hard Drive Swap?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 02:17:00 PM »

the problem is that the x box won't boot at all
the splash screen comes up the hard drive makes lots of noise and it sits there a couple minutes and then flashing red green lights
I could just replace the drive with any other but it won't boot so
I can't get in to get the files to set up another drive                    

cyrusuncc

• Archived User
X Box Hard Drive Swap?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2002, 02:42:00 PM »

i think u need a mod bios that supports larger hard drives.. otherwise the xbox won't recognize the new hd (even if its an xbox hd).

I heard they have some hd key, and EvoX 2.2+ takes care of that...