xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fudge My Stick  (Read 1204 times)

XXXXXX

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« on: August 12, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

Hey guys, I'm gunna apoligize in advance for any negativity that comes from this post, I just feel compelled to speak my mind. First of all im a rock solid Unleash X fan, although im open minded and im thinkin hey mxm sounds pretty sweet, especially with koldfuzions extreme voltage skin (good job man), so i install it as an alternative dash and set up a basic menu, (I really like the matrix init screen, well done) and now im lookin into all these action scripts and all the trouble you go through for a script that dont even work. I would just like to say that Unleash X does all that sh*t and more straight out of the box, and i cant help thinking "Hey if you want all that shit to work just use unleash x" It is as simple as that. Dont get me wrong im not trying to dis the dash, all im sayin is if you want all that sh*t to work just load up Unleash X.  <

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

Perhaps you're trying to use actionscripts that have features that don't work in the current 'public release'.  I've never have any problems with action scripts not working, though I'm a (very lazy and half-ass, sorry) WIP tester.

But oh well, use unleashx, I gives no fucks.  It may have the advantage now, but I can't say that it will for long, action scripting in MXM is becoming so powerful it's not even funny..  What you can't do with the dash itself, plugins and scripts will allow it to do, nothing can touch that shit.  <

RudeBastard

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

action scripting in MXM is becoming so powerful it's not even funny

That is so true!  More power than most people need or want and it's so easy to get something screwed up.  When all your friends are hacking their Xbox2's, you'll finally be able to auto-install a script.  Look forward to those auto-installed scripts not playing well with each other unless some rigid guidelines for scripting are set into place.  Also, when Xbox3 comes out and another release of MXM is made, look forward to some of your scripts not working anymore.

The scene owes major props to BenJeremy for opening his source and implementing ActionScripting.  ActionScripting is off-the-chain, but it's getting out of hand when the majority of the dashboards features and usefulness is scripted.  It is a terribly convoluted and indirect approach.  MXM and ActionScript are great works by BenJeremy and show the man has uber-skills, but the design seems flawed if it is aimed at the masses.  MXM is like Linux on the home desktop.  Only for enthusiasts.  There's too much hassle and learning required in order to leverage it's power.  I'd rather have something that rocks-out-of-the-box than something that is off-the-chain :lol: Offended?  Read my name.  <

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

Offended?  No, why would I be?  That is after all, your own opinion, which you are entitled to.

However, there's no complexity in using an action script on the user's side of things.  What you are trying to say is like, all users must learn how to skin, so they can create their own skins, if they want to do so, great, good for them, but that's not what action scripting is about...  I reckon in the future, all 'official' action scripts will be zipped (zsm files), all the user needs to do is put those files in a folder called 'Scripts' (or is it plugins, I forget), reboot MXM and viola, script is installed and working, I hardly see that as a challenge, even for the most technically inclined users around.

But hey, keep your opinions and your shitty dashboards, fuck if I care what the fuck you use.  Offended?  Good, well I don't give a shit.  <

RudeBastard

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »

Cool.  Me neither  :lol:   <

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 01:27:00 AM »

people that cry foul about powerful features because they dont understand should be confined to a world of evox.  If you dont have a clue... just say "I dont have a rude clue" and we will help you to understand a more complicated world. No need to get bitchy about it.

There will be nothing confusing about installing and using scripts in the next mxm release. If you cant comprehend the scripting.. then you are a USER and must sit on that side on that side of the fence, you should not confuse yourself as a developer and say the shit is off the wall and has no use.  YOU have no clue of what you are talking about.

I must say though...if UX fits you well.. stick with it,  and stick your unknowning, childish, mindless comments up your a$$. We dont want or need that shit around here.

but it's getting out of hand when the majority of the dashboards features and usefulness is scripted.

You're right. it IS getting out of hand.. and it kicks ass.  Just ask UX for features and wait for them... in the mean time,  MXM users will be able to do it themselves....even after the dev is done with the project.

This post has been edited by koldfuzion: Aug 13 2004, 08:31 AM <

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »

F*ck U Right Back  <

Superdoop

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »

I'm (somewhat) new to this MXM thing (though I did read the fucking manuals so I don't come off like a jackass like that guy up there), but after having tried UX... I'd have to go with the opinion "UnleashX sucks goat testicles."

Thank you and have a nice day.

<

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

I would rather we refrain from bashing another dashboard,  love your spirit Superdoop...but lets not do that here, please.  <

feflicker

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

What? I found MXM a challenge for the first hour or so... After I got my xml files built, and my first few scripts done, it was all downhill from there...

I am currently using UX over MXM simply because I was playing with it and I just didn't go back to MXM as I got virtually everything to "look" identical. As soon as the new MXM comes out, you know I will be back smile.gif

MXM is far superior when it comes to the scripting language though  beerchug.gif

Superdoop

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Aug 13 2004, 08:14 PM)
I would rather we refrain from bashing another dashboard,  love your spirit Superdoop...but lets not do that here, please.

Ok, no bashing of the aforementioned dashboard or any other dashboards which may or may not suck goat testicles.

Got it. <

Superdoop

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »

wait a tick... I just realized I've never used UX and was referring to a different program anyway, damn.

2 Asshole Points for SuperDoop.

Sorry guys (and in the rare event any ladies read this, you too.)

Apparently reading the manuals failed to make me not come off like a jackass... smile.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

Here's my two cents.

By the time the next official version is out, the average user wont have to do anything to advance MXM themselves (mean writing their own scripts) if they don't want to. There will be the hardcore scripters such as myself and several others who enjoy helping BJ in the only way that we can. I garuantee an indash updating feature of sorts. With a press of a button you get a list or something of the newest scripts.

As an example, you'd go to update and a lists comes up, You notice an item named File Manager, so you download it. Then it is auto installed correctly and voila...

Also let us not forget where the whole Downloadable Content thing started (Media Files, not skins specifically). It concept was born right here in the MXM forums. UX just made use of it first.

You're right. it IS getting out of hand.. and it kicks ass. Just ask UX for features and wait for them... in the mean time, MXM users will be able to do it themselves....even after the dev is done with the project.

Damn skippy wink.gif

RudeBastard

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

Please wake me up when the glorious day of MXM superiority arives.  However, I don't think I am the one that is dreaming.
:boring:
Wake up and come to your senses.
:boring:   <

CaTcHa

• Archived User
Fudge My Stick
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »

I must say though...if UX fits you well.. stick with it, and stick your unknowning, childish, mindless comments up your a$$. We dont want or need that shit around here.

Well if you hadnt noticed they are  the only type of posts you get now , you are all EXACTLY like the Amiga diehards in the early 90s who refused to accept "The PC"  and still to this day play rick dangerous without realising that the rest of the world  moved on.

Your non-public versions you can W"$k off to as much as you want but fact of the matter is most peeps have now realised there is no support for the "General" mxm user and have moved on.

The only posts you get these days are the ones you have to delete as you will with this  you know as much as I do that the WIP is NOT the bees knees .

Xbox 3 will be here before a public release of MXM and Unleash X offers all & for all now unfortunate that something that was sooooo good at the start had to end this way.
In the words of the song....

Guess its over call it a day , sorry that it had to end this wayyyyyyy   biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2