xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Litle Help  (Read 329 times)

chino1123

• Archived User
Litle Help
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »

ok i have uix as my main dashboard i have a 120gb hardrive  i have few games and dashboards on the F partition when i go to to the dash hardrive and choose dash i use y to update  there nothin  the same with the games and when i use ftp the games and dash are there.. can someone help i litle  on how to fix this problem.. :huh:  :(  ;)

Statecowboy

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 06:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(chino1123 @ Oct 6 2005, 08:07 AM)
ok i have uix as my main dashboard i have a 120gb hardrive  i have few games and dashboards on the F partition when i go to to the dash hardrive and choose dash i use y to update  there nothin  the same with the games and when i use ftp the games and dash are there.. can someone help i litle  on how to fix this problem.. huh.gif  sad.gif  wink.gif

chino1123

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »

where is the xml all i have is the uix.ini  its that where i have to do this if so i did that already it i get a reboot after going to any aplication on the dash

Cartman117

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »

Go to the Game saves. Then Deleate the UIX save. That will clear out its cache. Then Just Reboot and it should work.

Odb718

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 01:35:00 AM »

the uix.INI is in the system folder or you can edit it in dash in dash configuration.
Check your spelling on the folder and make sure you have it exactly the same as in the ini.... (it's easier to make the ini match the folder wink.gif )
If it's dashboard make sure you got dashboard, if it's dashboards make sure you have dashboards. you don't need the F:/ bullcrap, just the folder name is good enough. This helps if you have a 10 gig stock hdd and a games folder on E and F because it'll read from both.

chino1123

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »

ok i got it it works thanks i have another ? ok i download some skins but only some part of it shows what i have to do in that casedo i have to do somethin in the uix.ini

Odb718

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 03:45:00 AM »

the uix.ini only tells the dash what skin you're using. If anything is wrong with the skin then the skin is usually installed one folder too deep... (uix/skins/myskin/myskin/myskin.ini) when it should be (uix/skins/myskin/myskin.ini)
See if you haven't made that mistake.

TimJC

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

I'm having a similar problem with XBMC in UIX.  I use UIX as my default dash I can't get anything to show on the emulator or application menus.  I copied XBMC to e:\apps\xbmc as the installation instructions suggested, but it doesn't show up in UIX.  Do I need to add something to the uix.ini specifically for xbmc or is path=apps all that needed.  I'm sure I'm missing something but I don't know where to look.

TimJC

• Archived User
Litle Help
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(TimJC @ Nov 18 2005, 02:07 AM)
I'm having a similar problem with XBMC in UIX.  I use UIX as my default dash I can't get anything to show on the emulator or application menus.  I copied XBMC to e:\apps\xbmc as the installation instructions suggested, but it doesn't show up in UIX.  Do I need to add something to the uix.ini specifically for xbmc or is path=apps all that needed.  I'm sure I'm missing something but I don't know where to look.

Nevermind.  I realized that all I needed to do was refresh the list.