xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dashboard Folder  (Read 211 times)

camcar

• Archived User
Dashboard Folder
« on: January 28, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

I finnally got all my games in the games folder and emu's and apps, but I cant for the love of me get avalaunch to pop up in the dashboards menu. I made a new folder called dashboards and I put in in F: and I cant get ava to show up even after refredhing the cache, help if possible thanks

dvdronn

• Archived User
Dashboard Folder
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »

is ava in a folder called ava, and the avadash.xbe named default.xbe in the ava folder inside dashboards?

New Juice

• Archived User
Dashboard Folder
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

I cant get the dashboards to show up in the dashboards menu on UIX can some one plz help

blitzburrgh

• Archived User
Dashboard Folder
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(New Juice @ Apr 3 2005, 09:36 PM)
I cant get the dashboards to show up in the dashboards menu on UIX can some one plz help

In your dashboard folder, you need to have folders of your other dash's with all necessary files.  like e\dashboards\evox\, e\dashboards\avalaunch\ etc.  In those folders (\evox\, \avalaunch\ etc) you have to rename whatever .xbe to default.xbe for all other dash's you want to run.  

For instance, in the evox folder, rename evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe; in the avalaunch folder, rename avadash.xbe to defalut.xbe

Also, in your .ini, if you want your folder names to show up, you have to use..

[Naming Method]
use xbe names=false

Otherwise it uses the default.xbe to get the names of the other dash's

This post has been edited by blitzburrgh: Apr 4 2005, 05:49 AM

tgeorgo

• Archived User
Dashboard Folder
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »

also try to press the y button, say yes when it will ask you to refresh the cache (in the dash menu)...default.xbe is a must.

please note that some times the apps (generally speaking) might come up (show up) after a couple of reboots...it has happened to me.